Where is the PRESTIGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamGov#IM

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok all you Androiders out there I need some advice. I have been a Smartphone guy for quite sometime now. I have had everything from Treos to BBs to iPhones to Droids, and pretty much everything in between. Basically I have owned 32 phones in a time period just shy of 4 years. You find this hard to believe, so did I when I ran the numbers. Most of my deals were eBay stuff, but I do have to say Sprint will give new phones everytime you complain enough, lol. Anyhow I am with Verizon now and just recently purchased the Droid X. I had the org Droid and the Incredible. I loved my org Droid, but accidentally blew up the battery by overheating it....oops. I had the incredible for only about 2 weeks as I could not stand the battery life. The X has seemed a lot more reliable in that pretense, but still has it's issues. I also have this used BB tour that i have reactivated, but why you ask? Cause in my working and social environment BB's and iPhones rule. Everyone has them for the prestige of owning them. Even when I frequently travel all of the people in the airports seem to own BB's or iPhones. It's like a nightmare I just cannot free myself from. With all the reports of Android taking over you would think you would see a droid or two around, but no!

So.....do I return the X and stay somewhat satisfied with the prestige of my BB or do I keep my X and wait it out until the droid conquers iPhone and BB?

Will Android ever reach the business world like iPhone and BB have?

19mitch79

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok all you Androiders out there I need some advice. I have been a Smartphone guy for quite sometime now. I have had everything from Treos to BBs to iPhones to Droids, and pretty much everything in between. Basically I have owned 32 phones in a time period just shy of 4 years. You find this hard to believe, so did I when I ran the numbers. Most of my deals were eBay stuff, but I do have to say Sprint will give new phones everytime you complain enough, lol. Anyhow I am with Verizon now and just recently purchased the Droid X. I had the org Droid and the Incredible. I loved my org Droid, but accidentally blew up the battery by overheating it....oops. I had the incredible for only about 2 weeks as I could not stand the battery life. The X has seemed a lot more reliable in that pretense, but still has it's issues. I also have this used BB tour that i have reactivated, but why you ask? Cause in my working and social environment BB's and iPhones rule. Everyone has them for the prestige of owning them. Even when I frequently travel all of the people in the airports seem to own BB's or iPhones. It's like a nightmare I just cannot free myself from. With all the reports of Android taking over you would think you would see a droid or two around, but no!

So.....do I return the X and stay somewhat satisfied with the prestige of my BB or do I keep my X and wait it out until the droid conquers iPhone and BB?

Will Android ever reach the business world like iPhone and BB have?

Is this guy for real? Who cares if everyone around you does not have a droid. I know my X is bada$$ and I am glad I am not constantly running in to people that have one. If you have really had that many smart phones, if you want to call the iphone that, than it sounds like your never gonna be satisfied anyways. The look on peoples faces when I whip my X out is all I need. Go get the new itoy. That sounds like the perfect phone for you!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this guy for real? Who cares if everyone around you does not have a droid. I know my X is bada$$ and I am glad I am not constantly running in to people that have one. If you have really had that many smart phones, if you want to call the iphone that, than it sounds like your never gonna be satisfied anyways. The look on peoples faces when I whip my X out is all I need. Go get the new itoy. That sounds like the perfect phone for you!

This xInfinite.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Prestige doesn't really mean anything. Do what you want and what's best for you, not what everyone else thinks.

If anything, you being the first one getting a Droid will make everyone in your workplace jealous. I know it has in my workplace filled with iPhones, Blackberries, and even Droid 1s. Two of my other coworkers also jumped shipped from BB to Droid X after I got mine, and a fourth is strongly consider the X or the Droid 2.

I'd say go for it!

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Given that you've gone through 32 smart phones, in 4 years, nothing I can say will convince you to be content with your purchase. You seem to get bored or get envious very easily and want the next best thing, so there's not much to say - other then enjoy the droid x and don't worry about other phones.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If they all jump of the bridge are you going to follow? I love the X I love android. BB is a corporate tool. IPhone is a kids toy.

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this just seems like such a dumb topic, reminds me of when i was middle school worried if my sneakers were cool enough

I find it hard to believe you are old enough to interact in a" social working environment"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this just seems like such a dumb topic, reminds me of when i was middle school worried if my sneakers were cool enough

I find it hard to believe you are old enough to interact in a" social working environment"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Seriously, I remember in grade school when I had to decide whether Reeboks or British Knights would make me cooler.

Oh yes...BKs...I went there.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Everybody I work with thinks my X is bad ***... except of course for the iPhone troll. He cannot stand that my X is cooler than his iPhone 4. Most people here have either a BB or an iPhone, the rest have dumbphones. All Agency devices are BB's.

The only other android in the building is a MyTouch 3G Slider. We both came from BB's, both love the android approach.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Cause in my working and social environment... iPhones rule...

Is this serious? BBs still have a good presence in the corporate environment (though this is clearly about to change as they lose massive market share) but we mercilessly tease individuals who own the iPhone. It is not a productivity tool; it is a toy. As if that fruit wasn't low hanging enough, the latest iPhone is an Apple PR and marketing nightmare conducted by a total idiot (Steve Jobs) who was once respected but who has now fallen from grace in the eyes of the educated business community.

Several of my colleagues have given their new iPhone4s to their daughters and picked up a BlackBerry or Android because they couldn't take the stupidity any longer. I don't know where you work but unless it's the mall, the new iPhone is the punchline to a very bad joke.

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you've got a lot of problems...never satisfied with whatever you have and way too concerned with what everybody else thinks about whatever you have. I doubt anybody here can be of much help to you. You might try standing around in the airport and conducting a person poll with everyone that walks by. Put all of your phones in a wagon and ask them all, "Which one of these phones do you think I look the coolest with?"

Are you 12?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Several of my colleagues have given their new iPhone4s to their daughters and picked up a BlackBerry or Android because they couldn't take the stupidity any longer.

Wow really? What was bad about them? I am just curious.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love having the first Droid in my workplace. The look of awe people have when I whip out my X is awesome. On top of that, seeing how many are now trying to jump ship from BB and iPhone is hillarious.

Trend setters do not rely on prestige. Prestige is for fanboys, fair weather fans and coat tail riders.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow really? What was bad about them? I am just curious.

Most had the 3GS which clearly had much better reliability. It also didn't lose audio quality when, you know, used as a phone. The majority wish they had kept their 3GS and not upgraded to the iPhone4 at all.

Naturally, their adolescent, hormonal and status-conscious children were eager to lap up the leftovers. Meanwhile, real corporate productivity was found either in a BlackBerry or in a Android OS device.

iPhone = toy

Edit: Also, AT&Ts network is really going to hell lately... time to jump the sinking ship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member