Facebook widget

noni

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any password or security related issues with the facebook widget that comes with the X. I've had my account hacked twice in the past week or so and the only thing I've done is download the app from the market, then remove all facebook accounts in My Accounts widget then go back to default widget. I am very conscious of clicking links in peoples updates or messages and haven't been on facebook on my desktop since getting the X July 15th. I've since changed my password for the second time in less than two weeks and am getting sync notifications since I am leary nite of updating it. Also noted that I've had my facebook account for almost 5 years now and this is the first time I've had any account issues. The first hack resulted in multiple iPad postings and I'm not sure if the second was able to wreak any havoc because I got the sync error before I got any messages from my friends about errant postings.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That sounds extremely odd. I can't think of any reason why the stock FB widget in particular would represent this kind of security risk and I certainly don't think this experience is typical. Are you sure no one had access to your phone in particular during that period?

noni

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm what would be categorized as heavy user so its always in my possession and I have a pattern lock. The only real thing I could point to would be the app from the market but I haven't seven any comments about this issue so I'm confounded!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo