Finally made the switch from Evo to Droid X

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I liked the Evo but there were a lot of things keeping me from loving it. I thought the Epic would be the phone for me but I just didn't want the hardware keyboard. I switched out of my 30 days with Sprint and went to Verizon and got a Droid X. I'm only $74 per month because of the cool Verizon discounts I got so now I don't have to worry about Sprint's crappy network anymore. Been loving this phone ever since I got it and here's what I like.

-No FPS cap (the frame cap made the Evo lag and feel outdated compared to the X and Incredible)
-8gigabytes of app storage space on the X (the Evo had way less...like 300-350megabytes)
-OMAP Processor and Deidcated GPU (can I say this phone is fast as hell? The gaming experience and web browsing are very smooth compared to the Evo)
-Battery life (with same use so far I'm getting much better life with the Droid X)
-Camera (the X takes better quality pics and video looks better too)

-Htc Sense ui is a bit better to me than the Blur/Vanilla ui on the X but Launcher Pro makes the phone so much better than any other ui out there.
-No 4g yet but I'm noticing Verizon's 3g speeds aren't that far back from Sprint's 4g...at least here in my city.

So while I liked the Evo, the X's hardware is much better and really performs like a 1GHz phone should perform like.

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Also wanted to add that I LOVE the keyboard on the Droid X. It's the best keyboard I've ever used and I've played with almost all the hottest phones out there.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Machine :cool:

Glad to hear you're liking the X. I personally have a thing against EVO users... something about how they don't know how to read app descriptions and rate a certain Real HDMI app 1 stars for it not working on their phone, even though first line of app reads: "Warning: only works on Droid X"

... anyway, you're on the dark side now so power to ya! :D

tucsonstan

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Had an X but gave it to my son-in-law and got the EVO. It's a really good phone but not sure about Sprint's service. Also noticed the battery gets sucked down at a good clip. I've shut down all the programs that use a large part of the battery, but why have a super-phone when you can't use a lot of it's programs? Never had that problem with the X. Maybe I'll get on e-bay and see what I can find. Can't upgrade any of my lines so full retail here I come. But don't care, just to get back to a X would be worth the price.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everything except the camera and the network.

Evo camera is very good. I play with droid x all the time and there is basically no difference.

Also, while sprints network is not as large as verizons, it is definitely not "crappy." In fact, my 3g is consistently faster than my gfs 3g on verizon. And I get super fast 4g. Like 8mbps. Excellent.

Sprint also has greater reliability scores from many tests from many reviewers.

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everything except the camera and the network.

Evo camera is very good. I play with droid x all the time and there is basically no difference.

Also, while sprints network is not as large as verizons, it is definitely not "crappy." In fact, my 3g is consistently faster than my gfs 3g on verizon. And I get super fast 4g. Like 8mbps. Excellent.

Sprint also has greater reliability scores from many tests from many reviewers.

Sprint's network is good but its just that it sucks in my area. Also, in areas where its strong, Verizon gets great signal in buildings unlike Sprint who needs to improve on building penetration. But both networks are good if you have service. So are both phones.

thisisbenji

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch from the Evo to the X and I pretty much agree with you on every point. The X is an awesome phone, it feels so much faster than the Evo.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Good post. I am always curious of people's reasons for going one way or the other with the evo. The network comes with the area, so if Sprint doesn't have 4g in your hometown and you get discounts thru verizon, those two reasons alone are enough to have the droid X.

Lol, change your name now? "DroidXsaursus"?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Glad to hear you're liking the X. I personally have a thing against EVO users... something about how they don't know how to read app descriptions and rate a certain Real HDMI app 1 stars for it not working on their phone, even though first line of app reads: "Warning: only works on Droid X"

LOL, this is a problem many Sense UI phone owners have. It's not entirely their fault. The Incredible and the EVO is probably their first ever Android device, and naturally assume that if the app doesn't work on THEIR phone, its crap.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the link ... great Vid. Brings back some memories!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23