Gmail issues

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For the past 4 days now my gmail is not syncing on my DX.

It has been working perfectly since the day I got it but now I have to launch gmail and refresh to get emails.

I have not changed any settings on my phone.

Is anyone else having issues? Any ideas on what to look at to fix?

Thanks,

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just reboot it....

it only takes about 30 seconds. LOL!
Believe it or not, the DX needs rebooting now and again. In fact, I read in the Help that you should restart it once a day.

I lost a bunch of icons yesterday. After I put them all back, I remembered I should have rebooted. Sure enough, I rebooted and my notifications started back up AND I had dual icons in some places.

So, now I reboot when I get up to get in the shower. By the time the water is warm - the Droid is waiting on my next command. :cool:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
go into application settings select all scroll to Gmail, and clear data. this wipes the cache and keeps it fresh..

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Gmail does not show up in the applications list.

This is because by default it only shows downloaded applications. From the Home screen press the Menu button then select Settings / Applications / Manage Applications.

When the list of applications appears, press the Menu button again and select Filter then All from the options list. Gmail should then appear in the repopulated list.

I hope this helps!

punchfacejay

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my dx. Worked fine for about 2 days and then I stopped getting email notifications. Settings were correct and re-booting didnt help. I know it only takes 30 secs to check manually but that is just clunky for such an advanced smart phone. Id go all day without an email only to find out that when I checked gmail, Id have unread messages sitting stale for 6-8 hours. Unacceptable for me coming off a blackberry.

Ended up trying a factory reset and starting all over. Now my email seems to be pushing to me properly after 2 days. I hope this problem doesnt spring up again.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Put the Power Control Widget on one of your home screens and make sure that the sync control is on/active. I've read a few post where something unknown turned the sync off.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is because by default it only shows downloaded applications. From the Home screen press the Menu button then select Settings / Applications / Manage Applications.

When the list of applications appears, press the Menu button again and select Filter then All from the options list. Gmail should then appear in the repopulated list.

I hope this helps!

Good call. Thank you.:)

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I hope this helps!

Got it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38