Settings for GPS?

DannyH

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I need some clarification about how to manage my gps settings. I've been unchecking all the boxes when I don't need the gps on, but what should I turn on when I wanna use the navi or local google search. I've been getting a full day out of my bat now, so I thought I might be able to leave some of this stuff on.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My opinion... if you don't need it, don't have it on. Same goes for GPS. You may be getting a full day of charge now, but divide that by a third or even a half with the GPS refreshing itself constantly. I would like to see a setting within Google Maps/Navigation where it automatically turns the GPS on and when you exit the program, it shuts it back off. Saves from having to manually turn everything on and off.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Theoretically even with the widget/service enabled, it only uses resources when you see the little satellite next to 3G icon.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You can use a widget to toggle GPS when you need it, I am using Beautiful Widgets gps widget (But there is many to pick from for free on Market) and this works well, you can toggle your gps off and on from your home page..

7lenny7

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I leave the GPS on all the time, but it only truely gets activated when a program needs it. As soon as I close the program, the GPS goes back off. I see no reason to manually turn the GPS on and off. My battery life is fine, ending the day around 30% to 40%.

Experiment by alternating days with it on and off and come to your own conclusions.

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I leave the GPS on all the time, but it only truely gets activated when a program needs it. As soon as I close the program, the GPS goes back off.

I used to leave it on too, and had no problem with the battery draining. My problem is, it doesn't always shut itself off when I exit a program.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana