How can I go back to 2.1 from 2.2

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have read about 10 post and can't seem to get a good answer. How do I got back to 2.1 from unrooted froyo 2.2. I want to start all over from the beginning. Please help or explaine how or put link. Thanks everyone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you're using the OTA 2.2 then there's no way to go back.

if using the leak, you can still use the SBF

here's the information if you aren't on 2.2 OTA.

don't use this sbf if you are on the OTA, it WILL BRICK your phone!

Droid X

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
if you're using the OTA 2.2 then there's no way to go back.

if using the leak, you can still use the SBF

here's the information if you aren't on 2.2 OTA.

don't use this sbf if you are on the OTA, it WILL BRICK your phone!

Droid X

Thanks im on 2.2 but have alot of issues, is there a full wipe and reformat for 2.2 .

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you're on the 2.2 OTA (official) all you can do for now is a factory restore

settings, privacy, factory data reset.

it'll clear all your data, but the OS you installed will remain intact. it's not a full format but it's as close as we can get at the moment.

there is a hybrid sbf for the ota, which you can try out as well. (remember, don't use this one if you're on a leaked 2.2, and don't use the one from the other post if you're on the OTA)

try the reset and see if that helps first though :)

2.2 hybrid SBF

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
if you're on the 2.2 OTA (official) all you can do for now is a factory restore

settings, privacy, factory data reset.

it'll clear all your data, but the OS you installed will remain intact. it's not a full format but it's as close as we can get at the moment.

there is a hybrid sbf for the ota, which you can try out as well. (remember, don't use this one if you're on a leaked 2.2, and don't use the one from the other post if you're on the OTA)

try the reset and see if that helps first though :)

2.2 hybrid SBF

I have done all of it above and still have a issue. Thanks for the help gonna take back to Verizon I guess. 2.1 was perfect for me 2.2 has been a issues for me

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
dont do it i had the ota and stupidly tried to go back.
now i have a fancy paper weight

take it to verizon, with the amount of phones the OTA actually bricked, they shouldn't have any issue with you taking it back. just play dumb.

maybe if enough people have issues like this motorola will loosen their grip on the #$!@ 2.2 SBF.

urdaddi

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
take it to verizon, with the amount of phones the OTA actually bricked, they shouldn't have any issue with you taking it back. just play dumb.

maybe if enough people have issues like this motorola will loosen their grip on the #$!@ 2.2 SBF.

.....and this is what every Verizon Wireless customer pays for.

XxXxX

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So went into Verizon today they said they have no way of reflashing the phone. Rep said new 2.2 update out in 3 weeks, "sure buddy". He said that google will not release files to verizon

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So went into Verizon today they said they have no way of reflashing the phone. Rep said new 2.2 update out in 3 weeks, "sure buddy". He said that google will not release files to verizon

I'm pretty sure none of the VZW stores have the ability to flash the .sbf themselves. I'm pretty sure they have to send it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non