Gmail contacts vs. all contacts

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between Gmail's "all contacts" list (which I keep updated) and another "All Contacts" list that contains old and current listings and shows when I select a link for a Contact Shortcut Widget on my DX? I can't find it anywhere else and I want to delete it.

Where is this mysterious "All Contacts" list to be found? It doesn't appear to be connected with the Gmail account at all, at least on my pc where I do my updating.

imwjl#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The all contacts or default contacts icons holds or links contacts from all the accounts your phone knows such as gmail, social networks, an Exchange server etc.... You can give a tap at bottom of an entry to see the sources of the data.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat answered my own question: In the main contacts list on the X, you can choose which list to display by touching the bar at the top that says "Contacts: xxx". You will be able to choose to

-- Create a new group
-- All Contacts
-- Favorites (only)
-- Google (in my case, all email and contacts go through google/Gmail)
-- Phone Contacts (a yellow phone book icon)

I had "all contacts" selected and thus had duplications deluxe. Went through my list and deleted all but the Gmail ones (identified by having the names all caps). When you delete, though, it asks tells you which "phone book" the deletion will affect. Took me a while to notice that.

After I selected Google contacts for my X contacts list, all seems fine. Wish I knew how to delete the "Phone Contacts" list entirely -- or make it a clone of the Gmail one.

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer