Droid X as a media player

anon(40612)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, after a few months since switching out my iPhone 3GS for a Droid X, I've decided to go back to Apple iOS devices for my media playing. It's not that the Droid X isn't a capable media player, but it has so many little irritations that I'm just fed up with it. I'm selling my 3GS on Gazelle and picking up an iPod touch.

Has anyone else used the Droid X as a music player and found themselves happy with it?

My main beef comes from the phone's inability to let me configure how the applications respond to headset buttons. I use DoggCatcher for Podcasts (and will continue to do so) but when I hit the headset button, it would start playing music out of the music app instead of stopping the podcast. The Music App won't give up control of the headset buttons, and I'm sick of it. On top of that, in order to keep my albums playing in album order, I have to maintain a second library which stores my music in mp3 rather than AAC, and so I'm always forgetting which library I most recently added songs to... it's just a hassle.

And carrying 2 devices will be as well, but the new iPod touch will be very thin so I think I'll manage.

clockvstrain

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't stand the fact that the X's native music player can't handle albums with more than one disc. It orders the songs by track # without regard to disc number (e.g. Track 1 Disc 1, Track 1 Disc 2, Track 2 Disc 1, etc.). Doubletwist does the same thing. Other than that, I've had no problems. Just covert your files to mp3 before putting them on the phone...

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yup. I am frustrated with the music functions of the phone. I have downloaded, and I use, MixZing which helps alot, but I wish I could just use the stock music player without having to convert everything to get album art, or track order to be correct.