Available Now: Droid X 2.3.340 Update Discussion (Not Gingerbread!)

freshgeardude

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
im planning on sbf'ing my stock version when i get home, then upgrading, because i apparently deleted an app so its not letting me update when rooted.

my nandroid backup has all my apps and stuff and also has my themed black bar on top.

I've heard people's phones bricking because they are trying to theme, what should I do so I can keep the apps when I nandroid back but not install the black bar so it wont brick?

Last edited:

jg1319

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My update is failing as well. Going from 2.3.15 ONLY rooted. Tried OTA and manual install with no luck. Probably just going to SBF and update this weekend. Any clue of why this is happening or a less time consuming fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just updated and right off the bat I noticed my pop comcast email is still not pushing through. Guess I wait for gingerbread in hopes this will work once again.

ParadigmUSA

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting the message saying "update is not available at this time. Please try again later".

After a few hours of tweaking settings (non-rooted phone), I decided to turn off the sync over wifi setting in settings>data manager. I powered off my phone, turned it back on, went to settings, and selected update. It finally went through!

Don't know if anyone else has done that yet, but I felt like posting it just in case someone finds it helpful.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I received my update notification this morning, Friday, and after trying 3 times it failed during install. I am stock but rooted. Super annoying!!!

untappedalloy

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What error did it show when you tried the update.zip way? Same error as others reported? ...or different one?

Sent using TaPaTaLk

It just started for a little while and then said installation failed or something like that but I don't really remember what the error was. After doing that I just decided to let it update ota.

james2442

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I was having trouble getting the ota on my rooted and slightly modded dx. sbf'd to stock (sys only) still wouldn't ota. I finally switched my build.prop file back to stock, from rom manager...download went through without a hitch, however it won't install. It says install failed. I guess I'll go through the process of sbf, and install then.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Wi-Fi Issue

Is anybody upset by the lack of bugfixes on the update info sheet? What happened to the battery force close error and wifi problems? I am so sick of my phone not being connected to the school network unless i keep pressing the on/off over and over.

Download Wi-Fi Manager. Get the one by "MM Studio" the other runs in background and sucks CPU.

It allows you to view all of the open (and closed) networks that are available to you and allows you to choose the one you would like to connect to.

-Masheen
Droid X or die.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Root Issue

I was rooted, got the update OTA and ran the update while rooted, lost root. Ran z4Root and now I am rooted again!

I highly doubt that you are rooted right now. You may think that you are. Open a program that requires root access and see what it says. I did the same thing with Z4root after the update and it rebooted and i still had my super user icon but i was not rooted and could not run the programs that require root.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt that you are rooted right now. You may think that you are. Open a program that requires root access and see what it says. I did the same thing with Z4root after the update and it rebooted and i still had my super user icon but i was not rooted and could not run the programs that require root.

That is how I rooted, and it is rooted. My rooted apps are working.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I rerooted with z4root and have confirmed I can run rooted prgms again too.

Until I rooted again after the update I couldnt . :)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
I went from 2.3.151 to 2.3.340 tho the posted update zip and my info matches yours ::cool:

snap20101210_073313.png

Not quite, but TBH has released the kernel update so now mine matches yours exactly. Thanks TBH!!!

paulinbna

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok I un-rooted using Z4Root but now the update downloads then it reboots to install, then it starts to install and half way through it stops and puts up a exclamation point then restarts the phone.

Handsett

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all!

I am new to Android and to Droid X, and i downloaded z4root and Appsystem remover. Now I cant get the newest update. 2.2.1 I think its because i removed some system apps.

I was wonder how i can get them back. I have done a hard reset (much to my dislike) and its still failing to update. No error message, just says "failed to update". If anyone can help me fix this, please let me know.

Last edited: