Customization help

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to change my notification bar to black as I have seen in other posts, but I have yet to find a clear and concise set of instructions. I am rooted.

I appreciate any help.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to change my notification bar to black as I have seen in other posts, but I have yet to find a clear and concise set of instructions. I am rooted.

I appreciate any help.

I may be wrong, but I think you have to flash a new ROM or Theme to get a black notification bar. I am rooted too, but I didn't want to for ROMs & Themes just yet. I only rooted for apps like Adfree, Titanium Backup, Cache Cleaner, and Wireless Tether. I sure I will get around to flashing someday, but probably more towards the end of my X's lifespan to keep it relevant when it stops being supported by new updates.

I noticed that pictures of Gingerbread do show a black notification bar so that will be a great option to have because I have a solid black background on my X now & would like the look of a black notification bar too.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I appreciate any help.

you also have to make sure youre deodexed before attempting to apply any themes

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I see people talk about being deodexed, but I have no idea what that means, let alone how to do it. Any tips there?

Thanks