Droid got bricked today...fml

Gingerbread

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, new here, just wanna say I am a happy droid user and received my unit last december. A few months ago I succeeded in rooting said device and since then I have ran over 13 different ROMS an average of 14 hours a day. I heard news recently about the market being pushed to devices. unfortunately I discovered this wasn't available on rooted phones running custom ROMs. I went into clockwork recovery and flashed my stock backup. pretty smooth so far right? NOT. to my disappointment, none of the root apps seemed functional. I attempted to flash clockwork recovery and nothing happened. Went into recovery to see if I could fish out the problem, I appeared to still have root but no permissions for any apps or recoveries. and yes, I tried fixing permissions. just as I thought...I no longer had clockwork recovery. my solution was to try reflashing a custom recovery on my pc but that's where things got ugly...I turned on my phone expecting everything to be hunky dory but it began cycling the boot animation. I tried rebooting again, this time it got to the lock screen and eventually the home screen. however, none of the widgets I had were functional, blank. My battery indicator at the top was red and had a slash mark thru it. I also had no service, no working wifi, bluetooth, anything. I received persistent error reports indicating that Android Process system is not responding or what not (force close)(wait). other issues began popping up, I opened Astro and found that my sdcard directory was empty. I tried opening Gallery and no pictures came up-ERROR sdcard unmounted or nonexistent-I opened my custom recovery and tried mounting and unmounting system, sdcard, cache, and data but my efforts proved futile. after a soft reset and ultimately a master reset my handset was still dysfunctional. on top of everything mentioned...after use for less than a minute my phone would pop into its droid eye boot animation randomly.

took my phone to verizon the next day and they hooked me up with a new unit.

If you have and identical issues, please share them with me and don't do whatever I did wrong!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
More importantly, could you clarify which phone you have? This is the Droid X forum (4.3" screen, no physical keyboard), but you said you bought the phone last December and the X came out over the summer. Do you have an original Motorola Droid (with the slide-out keyboard)?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, new here, just wanna say I am a happy droid user and received my unit last december. A few months ago I succeeded in rooting said device and since then I have ran over 13 different ROMS an average of 14 hours a day. I heard news recently about the market being pushed to devices. unfortunately I discovered this wasn't available on rooted phones running custom ROMs.

Just FYI too I got the new market yesterday, I'm rooted an on ApeX Rom.

I been on that Rom for a week ,sorry but you jumped the gun on that one.

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Gingerbread

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry all, must have picked the wrong Droid thread. Im using the D1. primariliy had stock 2.2.1, tried flashing a 2.2.1 sbf recovery and f***** it up some how.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38