Facebook battery

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone finding facebook draining their battery?

The newest version with chat seems to be killing batteries just like it did before the previous update.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Does chat turn on every time you use fb?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

From what I can tell it does. I tired logging out of chat and then going back in, but it looks like it doesn't save that and logs you back into chat. I do wish there was a setting to not always log you into chat when you open the app.

Reactions: Click

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
The big question is how often are you using Fb chat? It could be a FB sync issue. Not sure if the latest FB update has a permission to alter the sync intervals. Also check background data sync within the settings/account&sync menu. If none of your apps require it, uncheck the box.

I completely despise the bloatware that is put in the original OS of these phones. Hench rooting and removing all that garbage that I'll never use even if I get extremely bored.

On a normal day of usage for me, my phone is powered on at 5am. Over the period of receiving quite a few emails,texts, short phone calls and a tidbit of web browsing mixed in, my battery averages between 80-90% remaining and it's now 1pm. :)

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Being that this phone is only a few weeks old could have an effect. Other variables to consider at my place of work is that I have a tower about 300yds from me and I use WiFi for data while I'm here.
Since my last posting, battery still holding at a solid 80% after a few levels of Angry Birds.

The percentage could be off a lil due to this particular rom, but by the time I get home (7pm), I'm still only between 60-70% so I assume it's farily accurate.

Now, on a "busy" day for the phone where I'm talking alot and streaming music, it'll be a lil less, but can still manage to make it home with 40-50% remaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38