rooted my phone, have backup question

heatherg11

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Rooted my phone the other day with Z4root. Main reason, wireless tether. I don't plan on doing any ROMs or themes at this time. Is it necessary for me to back up my phone untiil I am ready to do the ROMs and themes or can I safely wait?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Back it up. Then back it up again. Keep theses two files as a fallback.

Why wireless tether? Even on non-rooted phones turning off data, then back on, in the data manager allows tethering for free.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Download Koush's Bootstrapper for the Droid X (in the market). There is a youtube video that shows how to use it to make a nandroid backup. It's a complete backup...everything...ringtones, contact pictures, all phoene settings, screens, etc.

If you ever decide to try flashing a ROM (ROM Manager makes it simple), you make a fresh nandroid backup before, and if you don't like the new ROM, it just takes a minute to get your phone back to it previous state.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're just planning to run a rooted stock ROM, I would highly suggest Root Explorer (only a few bucks from market) to remove the bloatware such as Citysearch, Amazon MP3, etc....

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're just planning to run a rooted stock ROM, I would highly suggest Root Explorer (only a few bucks from market) to remove the bloatware such as Citysearch, Amazon MP3, etc....

If they consider to go this route a backup is a absolutely must because there wont be anyway to restore the files if a update is released except with a backup or SBF.

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Or you can use Titanium Backup and "freeze" them. It prevents unwanted apps from running without deleting them.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
^ Very true. Regardless, before you do ANYTHING...run a backup. It will save you alot of aggrivation and possibly some hair loss.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Contacts should have been sync'd through Google. Once you sign into your account, they should return in a matter of a few minutes.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i did a back up and still lost everything. only things saved were on my SD. contacts, gone.

Use titanium and back up all apps and system data under batch operation. It should be saved on your SD card. There's a list of apps and apks that can be safely removed in this link. I also recommend making a backup in clockwork recovery.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...ooting-backing-up-installing-custom-roms.html

For your contacts just re-sync your Google account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87