DROIDX: rooted my phone...now hosed!

anon(93379)

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my DX and went to install TranQ 3.6 and accidentally deleted all my programs instead of my cache. I did a backup with the Bootstrap utility prior but now my phone boots and functions but I cannot get any of my apps to reinstall on my phone. They download and then the phone does a quick reboot and then I am stuck in the "INSTALLING" and no progress is made. I have cleared the data cache for the Market app, reinstalled the 2.3.34 SBF and am still having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas????

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my DX and went to install TranQ 3.6 and accidentally deleted all my programs instead of my cache. I did a backup with the Bootstrap utility prior but now my phone boots and functions but I cannot get any of my apps to reinstall on my phone. They download and then the phone does a quick reboot and then I am stuck in the "INSTALLING" and no progress is made. I have cleared the data cache for the Market app, reinstalled the 2.3.34 SBF and am still having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas????

So in bootstrap you chose "restore" and picked your backup you made right?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
No prob, I had this happen to me and have helped a few others get back from this point. If you have any other questions just ask.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Cyber, you could always use App Brain (from market) to sync your apps. I like to use this as a failsafe incase the normal app reinstall goes south.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Cyber, you could always use App Brain (from market) to sync your apps. I like to use this as a failsafe incase the normal app reinstall goes south.

Thanks...my apps were okay. The Google market backs up most stuff but I have everything backed with Titanium Pro. The problem was I thought I had a recent back up of my phones settings but didn't. Installed a theme over another theme and screwed stuff up. Had to revert back to a very old backup and set everything back up from scratch. It was a fun day. :rolleyes: Everything is good now. I learned my lesson.....make a backup before changing anything, minor or major.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Boot into recovery from off by holding power and down volume. Should bring up recovery and install your backup from there.

Dont you mean Power and home? Ans wont that open system default recovery mode not Bootstrap Recovery?

Last edited: