Has the Droid X been forgotten?

buckfan4ever

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
What has happened to the Droid X popularity? It doesn't even get brought up for any new update discussions! Does 6 months now equal the excitement life of new phones? I love this phone and hope that it continues to be updated (i.e. Gingerbread and Honeycomb) although I don't see it happening. The same thing happened to my Storm1. It was forgotten so quickly, it doesn't even seem like it was ever released. My kids really like it for pics and music tho! :D

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
All new devices are forgotten a couple of months after release because of newer, faster, flashyer devices. It's the nature of technology. The alternative would be to stop development. Then we'd all be stuck with flip phones. Updates will continue to come and the support community here is fantastic, but if you need to see your phone shinning in the lights of stardom, you'll always be disappointed.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
the X forums continue to be one of the most popular device forums on this site, so i dont think anyone has forgotten about it. for a 7 month old phone, i would say its doing well. once the next huge device comes out on verizon (probably the thunderbolt/bionic 1-2) youll see a huge downturn in droid x chatter.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
This phone keeps popping up weekly in commercials and tv. If anything its getting more attention.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Droid X is forgotten exactly, but rather that the focus has shifted to the new phones coming out in 2011. It's a natural, "to be expected" type of thing, but it doesn't detract from the pure brilliance of the DX. This is one HELL of a phone, and will remain so. My favorite of my three Droid Phones.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
CES 2011
People always want the latest and greatest and the DX isn't that anymore...
That doesn't make the DX an obsolete phone.
What I think is further testament to how good it still is the fact that so many great devs are working on it despite the locked bootloader when they could have just as easily focused on something else that was easier to work with.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
One thing seemingly overlooked is that the X is still at the the top of the Androids, tech-wise. Most newer phones I've seen lately are sporting lesser Op Systems (like 2.1), no flash, smaller screens, lesser quality cameras and video, etc.

My take on the rapid publicity fade for the X is that Marketing folks thought the large size was a turn-off for many potential customers. Thus, the smaller, "weaker" versions for the less tech-oriented.

After having my X since July, I'm still learning and being amazed by its capabilities. Haven't seen anything as yet that would make me want to jump ship. I know that will come eventually, but the X remains truly outstanding.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of love here for the X! There is nothing in this "New Wave" of phones that make me think I need to ditch my X. I am sure the next wave after that will be a different story. For now very happy with my X.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Definately still believe the X ranks as a superior device. I never turn down an opportunity to completely embarass an Iphone user when friends get together. *evil grin*

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the X (I have one so I know all too well) is not the hardware or the physical build, both of which are superb. The problem is Motorola's poor Android build. The blur thing is minor, but things like the 2.3.340 update knocking out push email and Moto doing nothing to fix it are show stoppers.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My take on the rapid publicity fade for the X is that Marketing folks thought the large size was a turn-off for many potential customers. Thus, the smaller, "weaker" versions for the less tech-oriented.
I remember the gizmodo review of it was really down on the size and dimensions of it. It almost scared me off. The review, in retrospect, was horribly done. It painted the x as this testosterone-laden, ridiculous slab of technology that was way too over the top and ' manly' to be useful...it was actually kind of a bizarre thing, throwing gender politics into a phone review. My fiancee and I both got one anyway, and we love them. I stopped following giz and switched to engadget. Take that!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I rarely read what they say, all of those are all user opinion and it seems to favor Apple products, or it seems that way when I read their reviews. It's like they compare everything to an iPhone.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I rarely read what they say, all of those are all user opinion and it seems to favor Apple products, or it seems that way when I read their reviews. It's like they compare everything to an iPhone.

That's understandable. For the past there year's the iPhone has been the most sought after device, the industry leader. It would make sense to compare new phones to it. The Droid X is still a relevant phone and will continue to be. I'm not sure what Gingerbread will bring, but as long as the Droid X has the latest operating system for Android, it will be in the game.

Last edited:

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still really happy with my X 7 months in. By this point in my LG enV touch ownership I was counting down the days until I would be eligible for an annual upgrade. I don't expect 4G to be available in my area for at least a year, so I don't see my happiness with the X ending anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo