Number of stock screens?

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I like LPP because I can customize my DX to only 2-3 screens. At the same time LPP seems to give me a hard time every now and again. Does anyone know if you can change the number of stock screens? I am a former BB guy and kind of a minimalist. I couldn't fill 7 screens if I tried. Thanks in advance!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a way to change the number of screens on the stock launcher. Have you tried another launcher like ADW or GoLauncher? I use GoLauncher EX (it's free) and I haven't had any problems with it. You can have anywhere from 1 to 31 home screens if you want.

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I will give those a shot, thanks for the quick response. If anyone else knows if the number of stock screens can be changed, please chime in!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What kind of issues are you having? LPP does have it's bugs like force close, that is a common issue. ADW is pretty smooth. I downloaded the free version yesterday and I'm slowly customizing it since LPP was giving me force close issues all the time.

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was getting a lot of force close. I would probably feel best with the stock (not as buggy), but I can help but think running 7 screens is a waste of battery.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Having 7 screens will not waste battery, unless you have them all filled with widgets that are refreshing all the time or something like that.

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Good point. I guess I will just fill 6 screens with contacts. Only 30 days into my DX, but starting to think I may have taken on too much phone :)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro Plus is hardly the only launcher available.

I used to use it, but I switched to ADWLauncher EX and haven't looked back. It works much better for me. The only thing LPP has on it is the LPP widgets, but the Colorize widgets are pretty close.

Note: ADWLauncher EX is not the same as the free ADWLauncher. You cannot download the free version and expect the same experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcpalma

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Been using GoLauncher today and I like it but don't have time to customize it the way I like it yet. Went back to LPP for now. For the hour I have GoLauncher, I loved it. Maybe tonight I'll sit down and have some time for myself to customize it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I like LPP but it does have an issue with restarting a few times a day. It's usually when I'm doing something in landscape mode. It also doesn't play nice with some stock widgets from Motorola and some others, like Twitter. The Quick Contact Motorola widgets have to be resized after a reboot and sometimes my Twitter widget will get squished and I'll have to delete it off the homescreen and reload it. I'm debating on going back to stock myself.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been using LPP for a long time now with virtually no problems. Love the 30-slot stock (15 touch, 15 swipe) AND use all 7 home screens even though I didn't think I would. Each screen is a category, like contacts, calendar, tools, internet, etc. have folders on many scores to organize my apps. Lovin' it!

Check your Market apps and UN-check auto updates. They will brick your x, cause force closes on apps you are using, etc. Have to unlock each app. You'll still get notifications, but can so on own schedule.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using LPP for a long time now with virtually no problems. Love the 30-slot stock (15 touch, 15 swipe) AND use all 7 home screens even though I didn't think I would. Each screen is a category, like contacts, calendar, tools, internet, etc. have folders on many scores to organize my apps. Lovin' it!

Check your Market apps and UN-check auto updates. They will brick your x, cause force closes on apps you are using, etc. Have to unlock each app. You'll still get notifications, but can so on own schedule.

I have never heard that tip before of unchecking automatic updates in apps in the market. I will try it to see if it works. Although, I don't get many crashes and definitely haven't bricked my Droid X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty