Slide to Unlock Only???

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to either have slide to unlock or a security lock ONLY for the X? I'd like one or the other. I'm getting tired of having to slide then put my pattern in. If I turn my pattern lock off, then the slide lock is disabled as well (no good for my X traveling in my pocket making random calls and/or performing random nefarious activities).

Is a market app the solution?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what launcher you have but if its LPP just go to Menu>Settings>Location and Security then tap Set Up Screen Lock and select None which will just leave you with the slide to unlock. So you push your lock button on top of the phone to shut offf the screen, press it again and you should just have a slide to get into the phone

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what launcher you have but if its LPP just go to Menu>Settings>Location and Security then tap Set Up Screen Lock and select None which will just leave you with the slide to unlock. So you push your lock button on top of the phone to shut offf the screen, press it again and you should just have a slide to get into the phone

^^ You don't need LauncherPro to do this. This is how you disable in using the stock launcher too, but I would assume since he has disabled his pattern lock & loses his slide lock...that he knows how to do that.

I don't know how to disable the slide lock & didn't think it was possible without a market app like No Lock. Did you download an app like that at some time & possibly forget to reverse the setting before an update & then delete the app? Maybe try downloading that app (Free in the market) http://market.android.com/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock&feature=search_result
& then enable/disable it to see if it fixes it.

If that doesn't work, you could always go the route of an app like Widgetlocker which is a very cool app anyway for customizing your phone & putting useful widgets on the lockscreen.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&feature=related_apps

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

This doesn't work (at least on mine). You either have slide & a security lock or nothing. I know this is an issue, I was just wondering if there had been a fix yet.

^^ You don't need LauncherPro to do this. This is how you disable in using the stock launcher too, but I would assume since he has disabled his pattern lock & loses his slide lock...that he knows how to do that.

I don't know how to disable the slide lock & didn't think it was possible without a market app like No Lock. Did you download an app like that at some time & possibly forget to reverse the setting before an update & then delete the app? Maybe try downloading that app (Free in the market) http://market.android.com/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock&feature=search_result
& then enable/disable it to see if it fixes it.

If that doesn't work, you could always go the route of an app like Widgetlocker which is a very cool app anyway for customizing your phone & putting useful widgets on the lockscreen.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&feature=related_apps

I was afraid it would come down to downloading another app. Not that it's a big deal but it seems like this is an issue they would've resolved by now. :-[

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the standard, default function of Android. You slide, unlock the screen, then you're on your homescreen. If you enable the security function (dots, pin, pass) then you will have the security, then the slide to unlock.

If your phone is functioning in any other fashion, its because someone has altered your settings either with an app, or the settings menu. Again, there are many different setups that are possible via 3rd party market applications, or ROMs, but by default, its slide to unlock - *screen unlock* - homescreen.

This is assuming I'm interpreting the question correctly.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This is the standard, default function of Android. You slide, unlock the screen, then you're on your homescreen. If you enable the security function (dots, pin, pass) then you will have the security, then the slide to unlock.

If your phone is functioning in any other fashion, its because someone has altered your settings either with an app, or the settings menu. Again, there are many different setups that are possible via 3rd party market applications, or ROMs, but by default, its slide to unlock - *screen unlock* - homescreen.

This is assuming I'm interpreting the question correctly.

Well, mine doesn't work that way. If I turn off the security lock I also lose the slide lock. I can't find a way to get slide lock alone on my phone... :(

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, mine doesn't work that way. If I turn off the security lock I also lose the slide lock. I can't find a way to get slide lock alone on my phone... :(

That is a strange one because the slide to unlock option can not be disable since 2.2 update without NoLock from the market..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty