Changing MicroSD card

alpsig

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought a 32GB microSD card for X today. My phone came with the 2 GB sd card. Is there anything special I need to do to remove old and install new? Also, what do I need to do to take whats on the 2 GB sd card and put onto the 32 GB sd card? Just back up the sd card on my laptop and then xfer to new sd card?

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I would just do a card dump to your PC.
Next, format your new card in the phone before dropping any files onto it.
Drag/Drop old card contents to new 32G card.
Done deal.

Reactions: drandrephd

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have some issues with a 32GB card. I formatted using a computer.

I ended up doing a format using the phone and memory card is much better now.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ohhhhh thats it! Im gona do it. Im gona buy a 32GB sd card and download to my phone like I never have before! Thanks for the inspiration to push me over,lol

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've switched a few different sd cards, I've never formatted any of them and never had a problem.

If you moved any apps to your sd card, I suggest moving them to the phone before removing it or you may have to re-download them after switching.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have much of an issue just sometimes, files do not read from the card. I could of delt with it but instead, I just formatted and see where it took me.

Lexar has a Class10 32GB card for like $100. Speed is not that noticeable for pictures and music and if anything, maybe a split second faster. Videos and apps do load up much faster by a second or two.
http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-MicroSD...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU724479

I was kinda on the fence since other 32gb class 4/6 were going for $130ish at that time but after using it for about a month, I love this card.

alpsig

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
How do I move files from my desktop to the sd card? I put thesd card reader into a USB port but ot sure how to transfer music from iTunes. (The desktop is not hooked up to Internet if this matters)

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Saving MicroSD contents as an attachment to email?? I don't think that would work. But it is simple once you get computer access.... Just connect USB to phone, open windows explorer- copy all contents of SD card to computer, (If you have a card reader you can copy all contents to new card that way.) Then Unmount your card, turn off phone pull out old card insert new card- and turn on phone. If no card reader then drag everything back to new card.

I recently got a Transcend 32gb microsd from compusa/tigerdirect. CompUSA.com | TS32GUSDHC4 | Transcend 32GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Card with Adapter
I have never had problems with transcend cards... {shrug}

Cedward453

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Sandisk 32gb and CANNOT transfer anything to it..."Write Protected"!!

How do i get the data transfered? Yes, I "Unlocked" the write protection...