Is there a way to change the Start up sound when you turn on the Droid X? Most people's makes the "Drooooooid" noise on start-up but somehow mine was changed and I can not figure out how to change it back. So with out wiping my phone does anyone know a way to change it?

Thanks
    04-17-2011 11:16 PM
    It's just uses the notification tone. The tone when you boot comes from mounting your sdcard.
    04-17-2011 11:49 PM
    It's just uses the notification tone. The tone when you boot comes from mounting your sdcard.
    The noise it makes is not the same as my notifications sound though.
    04-18-2011 12:08 AM
    Just kill it...install Silent Boot.
    04-18-2011 06:34 AM
    If you press the Menu button, then go to Settings --> Sound --> Notification Ringtone, that is the sound it plays upon first starting up.
    This is where you would change that.
    04-18-2011 08:20 AM
    You have to uncheck the box for SD card notifications, that will make it silent.

I don't think you can change the actual sound it plays if it's not your typical notification sound.
    04-18-2011 08:58 AM
    mine plays a random sound, but its because i have that sound set to use one playing from the SD card... well the SD card isnt mounted when the sound is playing, so it plays a random one from the phone. For me, its a ringing sound. If you select a stock sound it will play that one every time, but then your notification sound will be that as well.

I believe it has to do with the SD card not being mounted and why you dont see that sound anywhere in your settings.
    04-18-2011 09:31 AM
    mine plays a random sound, but its because i have that sound set to use one playing from the SD card... well the SD card isnt mounted when the sound is playing, so it plays a random one from the phone. For me, its a ringing sound. If you select a stock sound it will play that one every time, but then your notification sound will be that as well.

I believe it has to do with the SD card not being mounted and why you dont see that sound anywhere in your settings.
    That is correct -- if you set it to a sound that is on the SD card, it will not play it at startup since it does not see the SD card at that point.
    I just keep mine set to the default (Droid) sound that resides on the phone itself, so I don't end up with some random sound. lol
    04-18-2011 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD