How do i turn of the notification LED?

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't ever use the notification LED and sometimes it wakes my wife up at night which is not a good thing. Is there an app that i can run or a setting to turn off all led notifications?

I'm on the 2.3.3 leak version 4.5.573

The other option is to get a nexus S but i have 14 months left in my verizon contract :p

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You must have a bright LED to wake someone up with it. First Ive heard of that. And hopefully you find another solution before you give up the phone. Try turning off any status bar notifications.

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't ever use the notification LED and sometimes it wakes my wife up at night which is not a good thing. Is there an app that i can run or a setting to turn off all led notifications?

The other option is to get a nexus S but i have 14 months left in my verizon contract :p

There are several apps...1 that I use, Light Flow allows you to designate notification for many different apps (SMS, Email, etc), the color of the LED you want to use, the duration it flashes, the speed of the flash, etc.
It seems to work great. There is a free version & paid version in App Market.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You could setup a profile with Tasker to turn off the LED notifications in each of your apps automatically at a certain time & then back on in the morning.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
There are several apps...1 that I use, Light Flow allows you to designate notification for many different apps (SMS, Email, etc), the color of the LED you want to use, the duration it flashes, the speed of the flash, etc.
It seems to work great. There is a free version & paid version in App Market.

I tried light flow and it looks like i can turn off LED notifications from 6pm to 6am which is probably what i want i'll try the free version for a while and then buy the paid version to support the dev.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a little basket, just bigger than the X, with a (clean, dry) folded washcloth in it. At night, I put the X face down, into the basket at night, plug it in to the charger, and cover it with the other side of the washcloth. It has its own little "bed" I'm ashamed to say. But, it's part of the family! Works great.

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
WhoIsIt

WhoIsIt is a market app which allows you to set up profiles and takes over the notification system for text/email. my sound and LED notifications go off for the night when i put the phone in my bedside dock (Tasker works with WhoIsIt to change the profile when the dock is detected), UNLESS i get a call from one of a few specific numbers/people. worth a look.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a little basket, just bigger than the X, with a (clean, dry) folded washcloth in it. At night, I put the X face down, into the basket at night, plug it in to the charger, and cover it with the other side of the washcloth. It has its own little "bed" I'm ashamed to say. But, it's part of the family! Works great.

Don't be ashamed Are,lol I have named my phone and treat it nicer and safer than some people I'm paid to protect,lol.

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Lightflow, noled still allow blinks with everything off. Tasker is just too complicated. I don't want to root just for this. My old palm pre had the issue till someone wrote a simple patch that killed the led always. I don't need notifications cause my phone is glued to my hand lol. I want all my led notifications off, so I can echo this sentiment. And flipping or covering a $600 USD gadgdet seems rather silly, esp. If you use a dock, lol :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch