I wish my Droid X was LTE

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would never need to upgrade. I love how this phone is and have played with the Thunderbolt and looked at the charge and they dont entice me at all. The Bionic is elusive of an approximate release date and nothing else looks exciting to me at all :(

I just want LTE on a sleek looking device running NO bing and minimal Bloat (none would be great), but at the same time I dont want a 5 megapixel camera that is seeming to be the standard on a lot of devices (granted I am not using the full 8 on the X but I like the higher number).

I would love an upgraded Nexus S for Verizon.

/end rant

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
well think of this, once LTE comes around you may see an increase on 3G speeds due to alleviating the amount of traffic and potential throttling. this probably wouldn't occur until the majority of customers went to LTE but it could happen.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Its kinda funny, lots of people beta test ROMs, leaked OSs, and all sorts of other stuff, then they say NO to LTE for now. Pshh, whatever, I would love some LTE on the X, but I prefer that latter tech, bugs and all.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I sure agree. I've printed out the specs of several competitors to the X and, if it were a brand new offering, I would still pick it... largest battery, most current OS, best camera, camera button (not that this is a deal breaker), largest screen (even tho not the only one) and great speed on GB. No enticement to go elsewhere at this point. And, so I stay with my X.... for now.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
the droid x which uses evdo REV A can in theory reach 1.8 mb/s (anyone know what that is in Mega Bytes not bits?) but you don't exactly see verizons network outputting that do we :(

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
thats about .25mbyte per second. pretty good if you can actually get it. if the x had a front camera i think i'd be very happy. my tbolt's battery really does suck so far so i think i'm returning it and going to stick to the x for the forseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty