Preparing for gingerbread?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
that link says from gingerbread. the current liberty rom does not have gingebread currently. Will that links instructions work for me?

That is my post and yes it will work to get you back from any version of GB or Froyo, I noted GB because that was what most users was using, you can use that post with no issue..

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Its not hard. Download RSDLite 4.8, google "droidx drivers" and get them from the Motorola site. Then google ".340 full sbf for droidx". Once you have all that downloaded, reboot the phone holding down both volume keys if you're running gingerbread or the down volume and the camera button if you're on froyo. This will boot you into the phone's bootloader. Now connect to the computer and allow windows to install the drivers. Now open RSDLite and click the "..." button and browse for the sbf file. Now make sure the program recognizes your device, if it does you'll see it in the white area. Now press start, kick back and relax. Somtimes it will not boot up all the way afterwards. In this case pull the battery and reboot while holding the home button and select wipe all data. (Scroll with volume keys, select with camera keys) now when the phone reboots you'll be back to out of the box froyo.

May want to find RSDLite 4.9. I sbf'ed my phone back to stock from .588, and rsdlite 4.8 would not recognize my phone for some reason. found the 4.9 dl on google and it worked just fine. Otherwise, it was much easier than I expected. Had I known, I would have done it much sooner, and started looking into custom roms also... oh well. now i know!

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i have android version 4.5.588 and i'm not rooted. how do i get back to stock froyo?

*SMH*

You don't like to read posts above yours, do you? Go to page 1 of this thread & click on the link in the 5th post. It is a great walkthrough done by Wildman that I linked to.

(Forums like this one are awesome because 99% of the time, an answer to a question you have can already be found if you are willing to just use the search option & read.)

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
*SMH*

You don't like to read posts above yours, do you? Go to page 1 of this thread & click on the link in the 5th post. It is a great walkthrough done by Wildman that I linked to.

(Forums like this one are awesome because 99% of the time, an answer to a question you have can already be found if you are willing to just use the search option & read.)

ummm... lol

shredde

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
when on GB I found out you don't even have to manually put the phone into bootloader. just switch the usb to pc mode. rsd will reboot the phone to the bootloader for you! I'm using rsd 4.9 if that matters.

Also, you should see the PASS indicator when it's done. I have found that I always get rsd to say PASS by switching the usb to pc mode after the sbf has flashed.

If I get a bootloop and have to factory reset that defaults the usb connection to mass storage. just plug it back in and switch the usb to pc mode - wait a minute or so - and PASS will appear in rsd. At least it has for me every time, and I've sbf'd my x probably close to a dozen times or so.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Very excited for Gingerbread! When I update, will my apps or anything get deleted? Contacts?

We didn't lose anything with the updates to 2.2 or 2.2.1 so I can't imagine we would with Gingerbread.

It's always a good idea to have your contacts backed up to your Google account though. If something were to happen, when you log into your account, your contacts will sync over instantly. As far as apps go, free ones can just be redownloaded & paid ones are already attached to your primary Google account so after signing in, they are in the "My Apps" tab of your Market to be downloaded back without having to purchase again.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
i have android version 4.5.588 and i'm not rooted. how do i get back to stock froyo?

It's quite possible that if you have the version of .588 that leaked out that was signed by Moto and Verizon, (the one that you could place in the root directory and use the stock recovery mode to apply as an update.zip) that the newer version of .596 will load fine in the same way. Just wait for the update to be posted somewhere instead of waiting for OTA, download, and give it a shot. Since that leak was signed, the newer signed version or .596 is likely to load.

It'd be a real pain in the butt if every beta tester that verizon and moto use had to SBF back to stock froyo to load their newest test build.

If for some reason it doesn't load, then you'd still have to SBF anyway, but why do it unless you have to?

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen all the naysaying about leaked .588 non-rooted will require SBFing back to FROYO...but I'm curious how anyone REALLY knows that for certain? It is all over the forums that SBF to FROYO will be required, but it does seem logical since .588 was signed by VZN, it should require no special treatment to upgrade to .596. Of course, I'm just a noob.
I'm with aim4squirrels. I'll wait & see if .596 can be loaded over top of .588. If not, THEN I'll SBF back to FROYO.

wdcspurs

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed under the instructions to SBF back to Froyo it says to do a Wipe/Factory restore. Does this mean i lose everything (Apps,Settings) on my phone by doing so?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
the latest from P3droid is there is no way to currently root .596 ....596 has been out for awhile and they still can't root it..595 was a
Just so everyone is clear, Gingerbreak will work on the "leaked" versions of Gingerbread. The exploit used by "Gingerbreak" has been patched for the official version.

windshield.gif

Knighthammer

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the leaked version 588 on my phone from March (via update on SD card). I understand that I need to be back to stock to get the "official" update, but I can't seem to get into the boot loader to revert to stock.
I get to the ! Droid screen (after the Moto logo) and can't get past it...(tried pressing search). Idea's?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the leaked version 588 on my phone from March (via update on SD card). I understand that I need to be back to stock to get the "official" update, but I can't seem to get into the boot loader to revert to stock.
I get to the ! Droid screen (after the Moto logo) and can't get past it...(tried pressing search). Idea's?

That's because you aren't going into the bootloader screen properly.

Here are step by step instructions on what you need to do.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...hacks/83583-updated-sbf-instructions-gb.html?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo