Netflix Official!

cmslick3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey for anyone who was using the leak previously, did it somehow chew through your battery when NOT in use?? I installed the leak yesterday and today my phone is down to 30% battery after 8 hours on the battery. On Monday I got over 14 hours before I hit 30% battery.

I tried streaming a movie once yesterday and then I shut down Netflix.

I just removed the leak and installed the official. We'll see how that goes.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll take Netflix when Netflix takes my prepaid debit card as an acceptable form of payment..which will probably be never :(

Sent from The X of B

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
FYI: You don't have to be on Gingerbread for it to work. I am still on 2.2.1 & it works great for me too.

Edit: I'm talking about the official app, not any of the leaks, I was sure to uninstall that first.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll take Netflix when Netflix takes my prepaid debit card as an acceptable form of payment..which will probably be never :(

Yeah, that won't ever happen.

If you want Netflix bad enough though, why not just get a bank account? Lots of banks offer free checking accounts with debit card access.

proginski

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
They take my prepaid card that I got from walmart. Might want to try that. As long as it's either a Visa or Mastercard it should work fine.

Sent from The X of B

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
FYI: You don't have to be on Gingerbread for it to work. I am still on 2.2.1 & it works great for me too.

Edit: I'm talking about the official app, not any of the leaks, I was sure to uninstall that first.

Hm, that's odd. The release notes say 2.3. Oh well, enjoy!

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hm, that's odd. The release notes say 2.3. Oh well, enjoy!

Yeah, I read that in the release notes but saw it was showing in my Market so I uninstalled the hacked app I was using (after backing up a copy just to be safe). Then installed the official app & it works!

I guess they didn't put that it works on 2.2.1 Droid X's because they assumed that all Droid X's would be on 2.3. Ha!

techdude7

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Netflix on Droid X

It is about time....but I am glad I waited rather then get a halfbaked form of netflix and then hate it because it wasn't full worked on. My kids will also love since Netflix has a lot of their favorite shows and cartoons

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It is about time....but I am glad I waited rather then get a halfbaked form of netflix and then hate it because it wasn't full worked on. My kids will also love since Netflix has a lot of their favorite shows and cartoons

I was using the hacked Netflix app from xda and i had no problems at all! I have noticed absolutely no difference between the hacked and original apps.

Reactions: jdwx and WAldenIV

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
They take my prepaid card that I got from walmart. Might want to try that. As long as it's either a Visa or Mastercard it should work fine.

yea I have a GreenDot prepaid Mastercard. I tried it on my X as well as my PS3 and it won't accept it on either device. Guess they want to make sure they can have access to my money and not depend on me to keep money on it,lol

And for the poster who suggested a bank account. I do not hold bank accounts because of my terrible credit/past but thanks for the reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress