How long does the media scanner take?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Damn, how long does this thing take?

I used iSyncr to sync some music from iTunes to my X, about 18.3 gigs (about 4500 tracks on four playlists) worth. Took all night. About two hours ago I disconnected the X from my PC, and the media scanner is still running as shown by Widgetsoid. My Droid X has been updated to Gingerbread.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I used DoubleTwist to transfer 22 gbs to my droid x. Took a few hours and my music was instantly there as soon as I unplugged the phone in both the DoubleTwist app and the built in music app.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I used DoubleTwist to transfer 22 gbs to my droid x. Took a few hours and my music was instantly there as soon as I unplugged the phone in both the DoubleTwist app and the built in music app.

With more than 4K tracks configured to sync and no counter in the player program, I have no way to tell if all of them are there. But I am definitely missing a couple play lists in the Playlist list in both PlayerPro and the built-in player. Also, iSyncr is supposed to sync ratings across, and I'm not seeing the ratings on the tracks I've looked at so far.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
All is good now, I think. The scanner finally finished and the ratings and playlists are now showing in PlayerPro.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It could have went faster to just go to files and drag and drop onto card or removed card and use desktop reader.. But it is good you final got it..

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine never seems to acknowledge when I update id3 tags. I have some albums showing up 2-3 times and it sucks.

How are you getting the tracks to the Droid? Are you copying, or syncing? This is why I was asking about the best way to sync the music. iSyncr works, but is slow. Maybe DoubleTwist is faster, I don't know, but I didn't like the PC desktop app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty