How long to set up?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
How long does it take to set up a new phone, from the first turn on till you are satisfied it is as you want.

My case, it was almost six hours. But I do not copy over anything from a backup, set all accounts up from scratch, install all apps from the play store, playing around with settings to set everything up the way I want, including s-pen, voicemail, etc. And can't forget downloading approx. 1800 songs form the computer via Dex wired connection. And a few of the first things I did was set screen brightness to about 60%, turned off auto, set resolution to maximum, set up do not disturb, arranging quick setting icons.

I will add that after six hours of basically constant screen on-time, I was still over 50% battery remain time.

Seems like a long time....

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had my phone for 2 weeks and I'm still tinkering with settings. Glad it only took you 6 hours.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I should have said "initial" setup. However, I did have one advantage, a few weeks ago I had a S22U for four days before returning so I knew where things were and how the Samsung UI differed from my 4XL.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It really just depends for me. Sometimes I just run through a basic setup with just my Google account and Samsung account (assuming it's a Samsung phone). Then I just download/change settings as I need them or think about it. In those cases it can take days or weeks.

Sometimes I transfer everything from one of my other phones.

Sometimes I transfer just accounts/photos, but not apps and I download as needed.

I don't really like to do things the same with every phone. Plus at any given time I can have 4 or 5 phones I switch between on a regular basis, so I don't always have everything set up the same on each phone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
For me, it's reasonably quick since I use Nova (prime). Once my apps are installed I restore my saved Nova configurations and that's it. Icon packs, icon arrangements...done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt