Droid X resets while playing music

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ever since i did the OTA update i've had issues with the phone resetting while using any type of music player through my Droid X? is this just a bug with the new update or is there a fix? Non Rooted. Just use launcher pro....

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had that issue, too. I tried backing up my SD card and reformatting it. It helped a little. It still does it, but not as bad.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had daily resets when playing music, podcasts, using email, and sometimes the dialer won't even call out. The GB release is known to be defective and is likely causing all these issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty annoying because I use Subsonic to stream all my music in the car through the AUX port...mid song it cuts out and black screens....:mad:

ipkh

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset fixed the majority of reboots for me.
They still occur, but much less frequently, in the range of a few days between resets.
It sucks to redo the settings but at least the phone is usable afterwards (for the most part)
Good Luck

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have done 3 factory resets and Gingerbread has only gotten worse. Not to mention many hours wasted from the resets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tbok73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Have had the same issue! Was on with verizon today and they never heard of this issue! Also my gmail led indicator stopped working! Soooo annoying! SOMEONE HELP with that!!

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess misery loves company, because I've had the same issue. It's really bad. It started with Pandora. I thought, hmmm...maybe it's the app, so I moved over to Slacker. Same thing. I tried Google Music, but had the same issue. Without fail, my DX reboots within a minute or two. I've also noticed that the 3G connection will disappear completely, and I have to reboot to get that back, too. :mad:

I has to be something with the way Motorola codes the OS because when I was rooted on Froyo, I didn't have any reboot issues. When I removed root, the random reboots started up almost immediately.