User Profiles

mogabr

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I have a question regarding user profiles, I recently got a Droid X2 for Verizon & my wife got a Droid 3. We were both previous Blackberry users and she more than I was accustomed to the different profiles of the Blackberry. Where we could create a profile for phone calls only and not ring on emails or txts, it seems as if w/ the Android this isn't possible, we would have to go in and set the notification ringtone to silent every single time, also on the same note, when we go to church on Sundays we noticed that Vibrate still is pretty loud, is there a way to silence the ringtone so that it doesn't make a sound without having to go into Vibrate or do we once again have to go into ringtones and select "silent"? I'd like to think that there is an easier option or even an app that will allow this to take place. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ew.scott

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I use an app from the market called timeiffic. It is quite customizable for my needs similar to what I think you may need. I can set up different profiles and actions that control notifications, radios ect. And set times when I want things to change. After it is set up the app takes care of everything for me. There are others in the market similar to this if this app doesn’t meet your needs.

Reactions: mogabr

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You can just use the volume control to turn the volume all the way down, which activates Silent Mode without having to drill into any menus.

If you don't want the phone to vibrate when in Silent, go to Settings --> Sound --> Vibrate and select Only when not in Silent mode. Then the phone will ring and vibrate normally, but, when you turn the volume all the way down (by simply using the volume buttons), it wont vibrate or anything.

I don't know anything about profiles, but, that at least gets you what you are looking for as far as church goes.

Reactions: mogabr

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I use simple sound profiles widget. U can customize ur own or use presets like silent, meeting, normal or loud. Coming from a bb myself its almost like bb's profiles. Welcome to android btw!!!