Slow to Boot Phone

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So, my phone takes about two minutes to boot. It's becoming really annoying. I have no idea why, and, I've exhausted all the options I can think of to make it run faster short of a factory reset. I'm thinking about it though. :-\

Does anyone else experience boot times that are this long?

Additionally, any ideas anyone has to speed up boot times would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I boot from green led flash to lockscreen in about 45 seconds. Try taking out SD card once and booting. Than if that doesn't work try clearing just your cache in stock recovery. If that fails I would wipe and factory reset. If it persists it may be a faulty phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Taking out the SD card sped it up by five, maybe ten seconds. Not really substantial. I had already cleared the cache this morning and that didn't help either. Good ideas though.

As for factory reset. I'm holding out on that as a last resort. But, yea, if that doesn't work I will be indeed getting a new free phone. :D

robobrain

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting apps that have in memory services. Stuff like Amazon's apps, weather apps, etc. They have a tendency to load at start and make things boot longer.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I mean, it's something I could test, but, I want my Weather app, and, I want the Amazon app store. Are you simply saying delete and reinstall them? Or lose them all together?

It's strange though, my girlfriend has an X2 as well, and, a lot of the same apps as me, and, her phone boots in tops 30 seconds. I use my phone more than her, and, I have more apps, but, as far as functional things that run in the background, our phones are similarly setup. So, I'm at a loss. I'll keep doing research and testing, and, if I have any positive results I'll be sure to post my findings.

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you willing to root/or are you already? If you don't feel like rooting I would return it as a warranty issue. Bit ch and complain till they send a new one.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted, no intentions of doing so at the moment.

Well, I'm pretty sure a factory reset would fix the issue, but, I am trying to avoid that. If that still didn't fix the issue you'd better believe I would be getting a new phone. But, like I said, I'm pretty sure a reset would fix the issue. One of these days I might just go for it if I can't figure it out. Just don't feel like setting my phone up again, haha. :p Was hoping to get some suggestions before taking that route.

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Those would be the only suggestions than. Sorry! Is there an aversion to rooting? Its quite easy, and once you get titanium backup restoring a phone is fast. Good luck either way!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's all good. Any thoughts are good thoughts. :D

I'm sure it's simple. I work in IT, so, I'm fully confident I could handle it. :D The last two phones I've had haven't lasted very long. They broke. I'm pretty careful, but, I just seem to have bad luck with them. But, on the off chance I need to cash in on warranty or insurance, I don't need to hear, "you rooted your phone, sorry." Ya know? And, there is no good answer out there on whether or not Motorola or Verizon would care. From what I read, it sounds like it'd be an issue, and, I'd rather just play it safe.

Thanks, I appreciate it. If I have any results with or without rooting, I'll try and remember to come back and post them. Or maybe someone else will have some other input. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana