Media: Ringtones

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
How do I drag and drop? When I did it on my mac, it came up with no name and there was no media on it. Please Help.

Also, the droid is awesome great buy!

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
How do you just make a folder? On the card or what? I have made a "ringtones" named forlder on my sd card and I can save them as ringtones through the music application.

Has anyone figured out how to use those custom rings within the messaging ringers? I cant seem to find them when I change the message ringer.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
apparently you make a folder called "notifications" and then you can set them as alert sounds for them

haven't tried it personally though

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep... just take your ringtones and put them into a "ringtones" folder and for MMS or text message ringers you need to put those selections into a "notifications" folder like Adiliyo noted above.

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Crap that is a big PITA.

Anyone have a suggestion for this.....I miss my BB 4 1 reason now I like being able to select some of my music or other mp3's for my alarm sound. However you cannot do that at all on the Droid......at least I have not been able to figure it out.

I hate the default sounds for the Alarm clock. It went off today and I almost wanted to throw my Droid across the room :p

So do the "ringtones" "notifications" folders have to be in a specific folder on the SD card or can they be anywhere just have to be named those?

I also assume if you want to have the same file be used for multiple things you will have to have the file located in each of the corresponding folders?

Thanks guys and gals