Should I get a Droid? Multitouch/Kinetic Scroll/Copy+Paste

fiftyclick

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I need to make a switch to a better device - and the Droid seems to fit the bill.

I am currently a WebOS Palm Pre user, and admittedly love the scrolling (similar to the iPhone). When briefly using an older 1.6 Android phone, it did not appear to have kinetic scrolling, but rather slow or fast. So, just to ask, what is the scrolling like on the Droid? Is it usable?

What about copy/paste? Does it work yet/already?

Also, I have heard mixed reports about multitouch functionality. I am mostly concerned with the browser, picture viewing, and Google maps.

Thanks, and I hope this isn't too repetitious (i searched for "kinetic" and it didn't yield very much info.)

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Copy/Paste kind of sucks on the Droid. It's very inaccurate in my opinion. You have to open the keyboard and hold the shift key while trying to select the text you want with your finger. I just cant get used to it.

Pinch-zooming works just fine in all of the apps you asked about.

One thing you're going to hate about the Droid, if you used it on your Pre a lot, is the still camera. The Pre's Camera is one of the best cell phone cameras I ever owned. The Droid's is one of the worst. The video recording works ok though (when it's not recorded out of sync)

Kinetic Scrolling works just fine too.

I came to the Droid from the Pre and besides the camera issues, I am completely happy and almost never look back.

kzz5

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my pre for a droid and while I cannot attest to some of the features you are asking about (because I have not had my droid long), I can say that the droid is a lot better than the pre. I don't hate the pre but android is much more mature than WebOs and honestly WebOs' future looks uncertain so I made the switch. I think you will like the droid more than the pre.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Basically you can't eve compare Pre to the Droid. The Droid is so much better of a phone all around then any Pre. I would say the only thing that is not up to par is the copy and paste. Just like someone said in an earlier post it can be inaccurate at times. Other then that everything is wonderful. I refuse to buy any other phone besides a android phone now that's how much I like it. I got a droid and an Incredible, even tho the Incredible has better specs I still could not give up my Droid for it for some reason. That just goes to show you how good of a phone it really is. Trust me if the Droid is the kind of phone you are interested in and you like the specs YOU WILL NOT BE LET DOWN! The only phone I could see myself giving up the Droid for is the Droid2 that's hopefully coming out at the end of the year. I hope this has been helpful to you