Random Rebooting

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Recently my phone has started to randomly reboot itself. It did it once or twice when I first got the phone but I didn't think anything of it.

It has done it once a day since this weekend. At first I thought I was "overloading" the phone some how. But today, it was sitting on the bed and the next thing I know I that droid red-eye.

What could be the cause of this and how can i stop it?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem. At first, I thought it was HelixLauncher2, so I switched to Launcher Pro and the reboot occurances stopped... but they recently started again. I'm starting to think it might be related to the Facebook app or SportsTap. I think that because, on ocassion, when I open one of those apps, my 3G connection will get flakey and the phone will reboot within a few minutes. I'm not sure what else might be causing it. It is pretty infrequient these days compared to when I was running HelixLauncher2, though.

-SR-

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
let's see:

LauncherPro
AndroidCentral Widget ;)
Beautiful Widgets
Touiter
Smart Keyboard Pro
(9x outta 10 - these are running)

Pandora
history eraser
where
handcent
Astro File manager
Droid LED flashlight
Adobe Reader
Google Translate
Maps
Yelp
NFL mobile
Shazam
Fandango
Docs2go

I THINK that's it

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues as Miss Me... MissMe, are you running stock?

From your list, here are the apps we have in common...

LauncherPro
Pandora
Handcent
Astro File manager
Adobe Reader
Google Translate
Maps

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues as Miss Me... MissMe, are you running stock?

From your list, here are the apps we have in common...

LauncherPro
Pandora
Handcent
Astro File manager
Adobe Reader
Google Translate
Maps

I also have all of these in common, except for Handcent. Given that mine most often resets overnight while I'm sleeping, the only app that would be running at that time (from the common list) would be LauncherPro. It seems plausible that LauncherPro is the culprit, given how often my phone did this with Helix running. Of course, if it is LauncherPro, it is still leagues more stable than Helix ever was.

It hasn't been a major problem for me; more of a minor annoyance, mainly because I have to restart Profiles manually.

-SR-

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about removing Launcher Pro for a day or two to see if the random reboots stop... I have noticed LP fc a few times in the last few days.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I did not uninstall LP yet, but have not had any reboots in the last 22 hours. Let's see how long it lasts.