abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to and all the builds that are being posted have root i wish someone would post the real version without root

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to and all the builds that are being posted have root i wish someone would post the real version without root

You could do the manual update to 2.1 because Moto/Verizon had released the update. The 2.2 official update has not been officially released yet. The version leaked by motorola may not be the final, I don't know.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
its because the version that has leaked out is directly from google (i.e. the bulid running on the nexus one), where as the official froyo update for droid that will be pushed OTA still needs to be put through approval by motorola/verizon.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
^^ dont want to sound like a d**k but the only phone that gets builds straight from google is the n1. this build is a test build for the motorola droid made by motorola

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
im somewhat surprised it leaked so quickly. does anybody know if they deleted the little identifier watermark that can trace the leak back to the person who leaked it? if it wasn't deleted i would hate to be that guy haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87