Droid signal drops when using phone

jcs3650

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
When my Droid is just sitting idle it has full signal four bars. Also keeps four bars when on the internet. But as soon as I dial a number and press connect the signal drops to one to two bars. When I hang up it immediately jumps back up to four bar. Anyone else experience this or know why this happens. Thanks

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I think when you are on a call, it switches off of 3G, so you have 4 bars of 3G service, but in call you see the voice signal, which is seperate. I could be wrong though, but the 3G icon does disappear, which makes me thing i might be on the right path.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Verizon phones use two totally separate technologies for their 3g and their voice data. Voice is transmitted on 1xrtt (this can also be used for data, but it's painful like edge). High speed data (3g) uses EVDO. A verizon Cell cite has different antenna's for 1x and EVDO.

Smartphones like the droid will show your 3g coverage if you have it since if you have 3g, you ALWAYS have 1x of some kind. It will show you 1x once you start using that radio instead, or if there isn't a strong 3g signal.

But, "bars" mean less on CDMA phones than they do on others. unless your phone actually says "searching for service" you'll be able to make a call, even if no bars are showing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non