Cannot join contacts

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
+1 I have a contact that won't let me do this either. I can do it for other contacts, but for some reason I too have no contact list appear. Maybe it's a bug.

bbianchi

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have contacts that contain email addresses of individual contacts of the same email address (if that makes sense) that it wont merge.

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have a Facebook contact, and a personal contact. They're the same person, but they used their middle name for Facebook. Whenever I want to join them, they won't show the list.

It rather sucks, honestly.

qubicle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had to go into my google contacts and change a number of people to get the suggestions to work better.

Seems like an app to unify it all (gmail, phone specific, facebook contacts) would be really nice here. Maybe its time to put on my Android development hat =)

Go to contacts -> Menu Key-> click 'Edit' -> Menu Key-> click 'Join'

Last edited:

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Mine works fine... I would just copy what ever # or info and paste it into one ID tag.. then delete the old one... Mine works fine though.. FYI the names have to be spelled exactly the same to get facebook to work.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've also noticed that the linking with Facebook usernames doesn't happen immediately. If you change their name to mimmick their Facebook name, it took my Droid a couple minutes before they were linked up.

I do wish there was an option in the contacts app to manually link them up with a Facebook contact.

bitman

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem and tried everything. I then noticed that under display options I had checked "only contacts with phones" I unchecked it and the contact that I needed was there.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Some just wont merge for me either. Some suggest stupid contacts but at least it has the option to view all contacts. I don't know why some don't have anything listed at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo