Google Nav - Layers

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
While bumping around the internets (didn't see this discussed here upon a search), I found a handy feature that many of you probably know about, but others probably don't, obviously.

If you log into Google Maps from your computer, you have the ability to make your own map (private or public) where you add Points (markers) of locations to your map. All of this I knew I could do prior, but didn't know that it would bump over to Google Navigation on my Droid, especially this easily.

Once you've made your map (which can be updated whenever), you just choose 'layers' once in GN, and bama, your one tap away from instant directions to points you've selected.

I swear, I'm finding cool new things almost everyday with this phone. Good times.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I found that feature as well and absolutely love it. When my son was born my pediatrician told me I had one job -- wherever I am with him, I'm supposed to always know where the nearest hospital with a pediatric ICU is located. I started with the US News and World Report list of best children's hospitals and then added a few more....and then was very disappointed that I couldn't figure out a way to access it from my BB.

Now with Droid -- there they all are.

Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress