Missed Calls.. ?? Any ideas before I go to the VZW Store?

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok, today I've had it. The past couple of days I've missed a couple of calls, they just went straight to voicemail. I chalked it up to poor service on my ride to/from work. Today, however, I've had an unusual amount of calls to me (Dealing with a problem at work) and almost half of my calls are going straight to voicemail. At work I have 4 bars of signal, so I can't blame it on poor service. Anyone else experiencing this, or is it a local issue with my phone?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just missed a few calls then checked my setting and everything was fine but the phone still wouldn't ring so I put the phone on mute the changed it back. I did a few test calls to my droid and it now seems fine not sure what happened and this was the first time.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I double checked all the settings because sometimes after a meeting I forget to turn the sound back on but not this time. Wierd

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Figured it out, at least my problem. After I made a ring tone folder it moved some of my ring tones into my music folder and my media volume was turned down so when I received a call there was no sound.

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That's not my problem unfortunantly. Mine were sporadic misses, sometimes it would ring, other times it would send the caller straight to voicemail. I tried both *228 and *22899, no help. Went to VZW, they looked at my call log and seen where the calls didn't see my phone and were sent to voicemail, so they reset my phone, then told me not to download any apps for 24 hours, and if the problem doesn't come back, download one app at a time. Blah Blah Blah. I took it out of VZW, came back to work, sure enough, about 10 minutes after I got to work, Voicemail notification, no missed call. I'll be replacing the phone tomorrow. Let's hope the new one will take care of the problem.

peterr22

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That's not my problem unfortunantly. Mine were sporadic misses, sometimes it would ring, other times it would send the caller straight to voicemail. I tried both *228 and *22899, no help. Went to VZW, they looked at my call log and seen where the calls didn't see my phone and were sent to voicemail, so they reset my phone, then told me not to download any apps for 24 hours, and if the problem doesn't come back, download one app at a time. Blah Blah Blah. I took it out of VZW, came back to work, sure enough, about 10 minutes after I got to work, Voicemail notification, no missed call. I'll be replacing the phone tomorrow. Let's hope the new one will take care of the problem.

im having the same problems, and have already had one replacement..let me know if it changes

R

Roy Aguilera

That is odd. Maybe a defective unit.

LTC1967

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail I strongly believe the problem is that the phone is in data transfer and is not connected to faster network 3G/4G etc. I'm having some problems but I use AT&T Atrix and looking for resolution. I want a telephone with phone calls the highest priority.

kmwa

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Sort of related...I'm a new user....Is there any way to get a visual alert for voice mail and text messages on the main welcome? I've got the alert sounds finally figured out, but sometimes there is noise, so I can't hear them. A visual alert would be great. Thx
kmwa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87