invisibleShield problems

paradox460

Dec 24, 2009
paradoxdgn.com
Hello.
Well, I put an invisibleShield on my BB Storm last year, and it worked pretty well, so when I got my new droid, i put a shield on it. The shield, however, was defective (big deep scratch in it), so i took it to best buy and got a new one.

Alas, my troubles did not end there. When i first had them put it on, i expected it to look like crap, which it did. But that was 3 days ago. Now i am having a problem i have never had before. A Newton Ring like effect is appearing on the screen. Vertical lines, or horizontal depending on if I am in landscape mode, scatter the light.

I am planning to go back to best buy and get another one put on. But i thought i would ask here first. Do really even need one?

jmcgarrell

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
When I had my pre, my screen overheated and fried from the invisashield I put on it from bestbuy.......... i'd talk to one of the verizon techs before I'd put another one on any of my touchscreen phones.

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I've gone "Naked" since I read that the Eris has an oleophobic coating on the screen. I keep it in a pouch when I'm not using it, so I think I'll avoid scratches. The Droid has "Gorilla Glass" which resists scratching, I'm not sure about the Eris.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I have invisashield on my droid. i have not had one issue with the screen protector part of it. i took it off the rest of the body because it was catching on my pockets and peeling it up. i would find an invisashield keyosk in a mall and take it to them.. they will probably instal a new one at no charge for you. good luck! the covers are great!

paradox460

Dec 24, 2009
paradoxdgn.com
Well, this is my last try with it. If this doesn't work, ill just get my money back and get a dock or something.

I would be interested if someone knew of any teflon or other oleophobic screen protectors. That would be particularly cool

Morlay

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had invisible shields on my blackberry and my ipod touch. it sounds like it was just installed really poorly at best buy. I'm a nervous wreck about getting scratches on my screen (i just got a droid) so the first thing i'm doing is putting another invisible shield on it.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'd read here that the VZW ones were best on the Droid, so I succumbed and got one. Works great, no trouble at all. (I'm still not convinced that I need it. Never used one on my Palms, and never got a scratch. These screens are made tough.)

dadman#AC

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'd read here that the VZW ones were best on the Droid, so I succumbed and got one. Works great, no trouble at all.

Where did you read this? I got the VZW when I bought the Droid, but I've been a long time user of the Invisible Shield - with great success.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't trust Best Buy to do it again, they're horrible at doing it in my experience; mine had a 2 inch long hair underneath ti when they did it for me. Just take it home and do it in a bathroom with the shower on to create humidity so you don't have dust floating around. Get it wet with the sponge and then gently put it on your screen while squeegeeing it after cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and blowing any dust off with dust-off. It's really not as hard as everyone says, I was worried about it and mine turned out perfect. Be sure not to press too hard with the squeegee or it will leave scratches on it though.

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just got an invisibleShield today for my Moto Droid, and I had a very strange thing happened to me. The Droid's screen wouldn't respond with it on, so I took it off, and the screen went crazy on me. Nothing was responsive, things clicked themselves, and it was scrolling up and down like I was running my finger back and forth over it. I had to pull the battery because the screen wouldn't let me select "power off". Anybody else have this problem?

Guess I'm bringing it back to Best Buy tomorrow... :-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo