Droid will not come on!!!!

chasescott66

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I got my phone out of my pocket tonight to make a call and it was off. I tried ti turn it back on and it will not come back on. Any suggestions on what to do???/

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Will it let you do a battery pull and initiate a hard-reset?

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Thats really weird... Verizon is going to probably try to change the battery then swap it out if that fails. That sucks.. Are you sure it was charging right, because the other day I had my phone charging but I never had the charger plug in.

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I also don't want to sound like a jerk (stating what might be obvious), but have you ever powered it off before? I ask because you do have to hold the power button for an unusually long time for power on

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I've had my phone for 3wks or a month and this did happen to me once. It wouldn't turn on by any means and was hard frozen (off). I just did a battery pull and all was fine and its been fine ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non