Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I get the feeling that soon may really be soon. Crossing my fingers for a release within a week or so........... :)

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well if they just wait less then 3 weeks they release in Q2, now that wasn't what they said they would do in their big release awhile back with all their other devices, so you would think if they wanted to keep their word they would have it out before Q2. Now I am not one to call Motorola a liar....but they have given me reason to in the past...although that was several weeks ago, so maybe that was the old motorola

G

GenericMessage

Well if they just wait less then 3 weeks they release in Q2, now that wasn't what they said they would do in their big release awhile back with all their other devices, so you would think if they wanted to keep their word they would have it out before Q2. Now I am not one to call Motorola a liar....but they have given me reason to in the past...although that was several weeks ago, so maybe that was the old motorola

That wasn't moto releasing the mis-information, it was some moderator in a forum.

Thats like me saying "OH! The N1 is in stores now!" And then people getting mad at Google for what I said.

Granted, that moderator worked with Moto, but on his own released info he wasn't allowed to give.

We'll see it by end of Q1, so 3 and a half weeks!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
We're probably not going to see it until the 28th or later. I'm sure they'll use every day they can to keep removing bugs.

Which, to me, is perfectly acceptable. I'll take a "late" or long awaited update that is a bug free as possible over one that was rushed to release.

G

GenericMessage

We're probably not going to see it until the 28th or later. I'm sure they'll use every day they can to keep removing bugs.

I am sure they'll take their sweet time..........until the 31st.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this got posted yet or not but here it is..

h$$p://engadget.com/2010/03/04/android-2-1-looking-fast-furious-on-motorola-droid/

G

GenericMessage

^^^^^^
Old news. It sounds like 2.1 is coming along. Lets hope VZW passes the build soon.

I am sure we will see it any day now.

There was a general feeling to look out for Fridays, I cannot recall why.

so......why?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I am sure we will see it any day now.

There was a general feeling to look out for Fridays, I cannot recall why.

so......why?

The only thing in my mind is VZW may want the bulk of the traffic to happen over the weekend during off business hours.

Well.........Today is Friday. I would say today is as good as any other day, so why not? Come on VZW release the darn thing!!!!

G

GenericMessage

The only thing in my mind is VZW may want the bulk of the traffic to happen over the weekend during off business hours.

Well.........Today is Friday. I would say today is as good as any other day, so why not? Come on VZW release the darn thing!!!!

Oh thats right!

Perhaps the towers that VZW leases are charged different amounts on different times or different days according to network traffic?

And I agree, I would like to see it now.

And please, everyone that will respond; "JUST ROOT!" leave it in the hacking forums lol

G

GenericMessage

Group hug?

2.1 hug?

Talked to one of my friends who is a engineer at VZ. Said 2.1 was slated to be released last week but was pulled at the last second. Something to do with uploading it to the servers or a bug or something. Something small he says. He said we'll deff see it in about 2 weeks.

But then again its 3 weeks and 4 days until EOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress