Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thats because the ROMs don't contain radio updates.

THE SBF does.

CAP201003161641.jpg

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
look at all the excitement... most of u already have had this update in a ROM and r still excited about it! lol good times on AC

i think it is more just excitement for getting an update rather than the update itself. i mean alot of people as you said already have the 2.1 rom working on the rooted droid (myself included) but the difference between the rooted droid's 2.1 and the official is that you can't overclock the CPU with the official which gives you a fast and steady speed increase (currently im at 800 mghz). i mean it is different strokes for different folks but i do believe that the root users who are using Koush's rom are prob just going to stay rooted. and i do have a feeling DA6 will have to agree with me (seeing as i think this is almost 2 1/2- 3 weeks without him replacing the the rom or going to stock haha).

to be honest its is all about comfort. this 2.1 update is going to be smoother than 2.0.1 but it comes down to power vs. security. each has it own benefits.

im just happy all of the unrooted users here get to experience live wallpapers. and with the 3d app draw i don't really think you are missing much, it is much more of an aesthetic improvement instead of a performance improvement.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
On another forum a Moto employee alluded to their being call quality enhancements in ESE53, but I couldn't tell you for sure what the difference is.

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Big breath in.....Now hold.....................................................................Holding.........................................................Still Holding............................................................................................................

Last edited:

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Since I'm already running a rooted ESE53 build I'm gonna wait til they root the official update and start building on it... I think. Unless somehow there's a nice stock change, but comparing it with Pete's Bugless Beast and a 1.25ghz kernel I'm thinking I'm staying w/ rooted.

ftumph

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I figured the Droid would get 2.1 shortly before the Nexus One hit. Like when Verizon upgraded the BlackBerry Storm from 4.7 to 5.0 the day before the Storm 2 came out, probably to make it sting less for the Storm owners.

G

GenericMessage

Here's to all the nay-sayers that it wouldn't happen in Q1.

I could call out names, but they know who they are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89