Getting Contacts from Contact Backup Assistant

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So my friend just got her Droid, she got it through the mail and is now trying to get her contacts through the back up assistant. I had her go from the phones browser and try that way but she didn't get all of them. She doesn't have computer access. Is there anything I can have her do receive all of her contacts from that?

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about Verizon's Backup Assistant? My understanding is that Backup Assistant is not compatible with Droid (it was not compatible with BB Storm and many other smartphones if not all).

Check here to confirm: Verizon Media Store

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
IF your friend has her old phone she might be able to go to the Verizon store and have them transferred there. Every phone I've switched they always did that for me.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys.. I didn't think it was. She was actually able to download some of them through her browser page.. so she got M and down..

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I found it easier to export the file to .CSV (I think) dump it into my GMAIL acct via IMPORT, and sync with phone.

Worked pretty nice once I got over the sadness of no backup assistant.. Nice part is, its MUCH easier to edit contacts this way. And it syncs up automatically.

MM

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
here:Ok I can't post links
just search "backup assistant to gmail"
first link is another forum with a detailed list on how to perform this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY