Android icons?

guthriejp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an icon I cannot find to decipher: in sending a text message, the message shows and envelop with an exclaimation mark ! What does this mean.

I have a basic glossary of icons, where can I find all of them. I have the verizon guide, but it does not provide all potential icons.

Thanks for any answers!

Droid Neophyte!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean an icon in your notification bar (the little grey strip on top)? If so, that means that a message delivery failed. Pull down the notification bar and it should give you more information.

Note: to pull down notification bar, put your finger ON the bar and slide down. There will also be an option to "clear notifications" - that will remove the icon.

However, if the icon is what I think it is then you need to find out why the message didn't deliver. Open your messaging app and check in there for the message. Was it sent to land line? network error?

If the icon was NOT in your notification bar and on your home screen... then I would assume it's just telling you the same thing - message delivery failed. I've never seent this icon personally. So, I'm just sorta' guessing here.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Prometheus you're correct. The exclamation point is stating that the message it's next to did not send. Also it'll alert you via your text tone making you think you have a text so you'll see the icon. Just click on the message and the text will pop back down into your typing area and just press send button again. I've had it happen a couple of times (normally due to putting the phone into my pocket).

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Prometheus you're correct. The exclamation point is stating that the message it's next to did not send. Also it'll alert you via your text tone making you think you have a text so you'll see the icon. Just click on the message and the text will pop back down into your typing area and just press send button again. I've had it happen a couple of times (normally due to putting the phone into my pocket).

good to know, thanks for the feedback -- I remember on the blackberry, every once in a while an MMS wouldn't send (always MMS, never SMS or email, strange??) anyhow, good to know there's an easy fix for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall