Help, moto symbal is all i see

scarletspider

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
my friend sold me his old moto droid that was hacked with some version of 2.2 , he held the power button and a menu came up that asked if to format sd card we pressed yes and if to format cache we pressed yes and to format boot and we pressed yes, now the only thing that comes up when phone is powered on is the moto symbal, how can i take it in its current condition to original factory or newest factory settings, (dont care for hacked or cracked, its going to my wife for her first smart phone) please any help , we did no back up prior to this as we thought there was nothing on the phone we would want to keep...

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you needed to format boot. Wiping data and cache is what's needed to clean everything. You may need an SBF file to return it to it's original state.

I would check the hacking forums for how to SBF the phone. That may be the only way.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
format boot? I've never seen that option.

But if your SD card is formatted I recommend downloading a ROM, put it on the root of the SD card then boot into recovery, wipe data and cache, then install zip from SD card and reboot when prompted.