Voice Dialing using bluetooth?

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
When will this be available on the droid? Or on android in general? Anyone know why this isn't a standard option on android?

i hate having to dial on the phone while driving even while connected via bluetooth headset.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was doing something wrong at first. It took me a little while to really get the message, I guess in this case, "Droid doesN'T".

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Droid last Saturday. Sometime on Sunday, I paired my bluetooth earpiece with the phone and then tried to make a hands-free call... nothing happened. I paired with another bluethooth earpiece I have and, still, nothing happened. I thought I was doing something wrong, so I did some searching for more information and found that Android doesn't support hands-free bluetooth phone operation. :O

I did a lot of research on this phone before deciding to make a switch and it didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't support this basic feature that is standard on virtually every dumbphone on the market, let alone smartphones.

I'm reasonably confident that Google will do something about this through an update of some kind, since it is #2 on their list of Android issue requests (#1 is Arabic language support, last I checked), but how long it will take is anybody's guess.

-SR-

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
...but how long it will take is anybody's guess.
Google has known about this since Nov 2008!! Over a year later and the Droid and other Android handsets don't have it.

I think we might see something from Motorola before Google seeing as the Moto Devour DOES include Nuance vSuite and supports BT Voice Dialing like all my other BT phones. I hope Moto ports this over to the droid since their Droid support forums have been buzzing about this short coming since the Droid was released.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
you could use the voice dial feature on the phone itself, I know it's not the same but would get rid of dialing while driving...

e_drummer53

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
...maybe not the optimal solution but I set my droid up with an app that bypasses the screenlock and another that enables the camera button to launch the voice dial app on the droid. All I do is long press the camera button and I can voice dial --- not bluetooth but as close to hands free as I have been able to come.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Long pressing the search button will allow you to voicedial a number, or navigate or search. But you still have to read the screen and press a choice to confirm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61