Problems playing music in my car...

Popocub

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've owned my Droid for about a month now and I've played music from it in my car using an AUX cable since day one with zero problems. Last night I rooted and installed the SmokedGlass ROM and AdamZ Kernel (not saying this has anything to do with it, just giving some info.)

Today, when I plugged my Droid in and hit play, I noticed something was off. My front left speaker sounded a little scratchy. Almost like it was busted. Worried, I unplugged my Droid and tried the regular FM .. sounded fine. My friend plugged his iPod in, and it also played perfectly fine.

I once again tried my Droid, and it played alright for about half a song before the speaker started acting up again (especially when the bass would hit harder.) Not sure what my be causing my Droid to do this and was wondering if anyone could provide some advice.

Thankis!

Popocub

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The ROM loaded the 2.1 player. Thought that was the problem so I re-installed the ROM with the stock music player and the problem still persisted.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try a different cord? Move the connection around inside the jack to see if the sounds gets better/worse. Has to be something mechanical/physical if it plays fine for a bit then goes to hell ..

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would go back to stock and try it again. It *may* be a bug in the ROM you loaded. Otherwise you may have a bad jack in your droid. If so, you will need to go back to stock to return it any way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non