Hi I'm new to forum, my name is Ashley

aphilbric9

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
OK so I suspect my boyfriend of putting spy app on my phone but I'm not at all familiar with phones in the sense of operating systems, ect or how I would figure that out but I got a notification that my storage was running short n brought to a page where it basically breaks done what is using what storage wise n with videos n pictures ect. When I clicked on audio files I had a couple that was what sounded like background noise while I was driving in the car. Two of which I could open n listen to the other ones that all had a EVT recording name couldn't be opened or played which I thought was odd, so I deleted them but can anyone tell me what the EVT stands for??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As long as you follow common sense security measures, it's very difficult for anyone to "hack" an Android phone. Review these guides:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

It's difficult to know what those files are. Are they mp3 files? Can you show us a screenshot of the filenames, and where they are in your storage? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK so I suspect my boyfriend of putting spy app on my phone but I'm not at all familiar with phones in the sense of operating systems, ect or how I would figure that out but I got a notification that my storage was running short n brought to a page where it basically breaks done what is using what storage wise n with videos n pictures ect. When I clicked on audio files I had a couple that was what sounded like background noise while I was driving in the car. Two of which I could open n listen to the other ones that all had a EVT recording name couldn't be opened or played which I thought was odd, so I deleted them but can anyone tell me what the EVT stands for??
Welcome to the forums. EVT..as in something like randomfilename.evt? If that is the case, that sounds like a Windows Event Viewer file, and I have no idea how or why an EVT file would be on an Android phone. I don't even know if Androids can write a Windows proprietary file on their own unless a script did it. If my guess is right that would explain why it couldn't be opened.

I would suggest to read over the posts that @B. Diddy suggested, but if time is not a luxury for whatever reason, I would suggest the following:

1. get a dirt cheap Android for the time being and DO NOT login with your personal GMail. Yes, you will lose access to your stuff, but for right now, device security takes precedence.

2: I would also suggest changing the password on your personal GMail account. I think the best way to do this would be to act as if you forgot your password. The phone linked to your Google account should send an access number to either your cell phone number or your recovery email address.

I will also freely admit, I have not kept up with security measures for Androids, so if I am wrong, anyone please correct me.