Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for the non-widget way:

Menu button > Settings > Location & Security > Uncheck "Require Pattern"

ScottAudio

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the credentials in the security menu but it did not unlock the features in the screen lock menu to deactivate it. None, Swipe, and Face Unlock are still grayed out. This pattern unlock is very frustrating and I want it turned off. Pls help.

LG Viper 4G LTE ver. 4.0.4

ScottAudio

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the credentials in the security menu but it did not unlock the features in the screen lock menu to deactivate it. None, Swipe, and Face Unlock are still grayed out. This pattern unlock is very frustrating and I want it turned off. Pls help.

LG Viper 4G LTE ver. 4.0.4

~I wanted to add an update to this in case someone else is having this problem. I found out that I had another app/program installed that also had administrator privileges and was causing the phone to stay in the locked mode, disabling the features mentioned above. I was able to disable the pattern lock after turning off the other program as an admin. Apparently there can be no other admins. Afterwards I reset that same app/program back so I could continue using it but now I no longer have the pattern lock screen to contend with. Doing this worked for me, hope this helps.