Step by Step Video to Installing Rooted .596 Gingerbread

RageXmods

Jul 14, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, I decided to make a step by step video tutorial on how to install rooted .596 Gingerbread for the Droid X (FROM ANY STATE...FROYO, GB, ROOTED OR STOCK), because of all the confusion that surrounds the various leaks out. I've gotten rave reviews on my youtube channel and I think this could help, especially people that are new to rooting. One of my viewers told me that this needs to be on all the major forums due to the lack of clarity on the matter, so that's what I'm doing. If any mods want to view this first and sticky it, I think it would help alleviate some of the questions around the forum. If this needs to be moved, please feel free.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
followed your video and now have rooted Droid X today. Very easy with no problems. Just takes awhile to download all the big files out here with just 3G
Thanks for the video!

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the video. Gonna use it to root my buddies X later. I was just wondering, once I get to the point where I am back on Froyo and rooted, am I then free to install any rom that I want, or do I need to install this Gingerbread file and then go to flashing roms? Thanks for any help.

RageXmods

Jul 14, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hey, thanks for the video. Gonna use it to root my buddies X later. I was just wondering, once I get to the point where I am back on Froyo and rooted, am I then free to install any rom that I want, or do I need to install this Gingerbread file and then go to flashing roms? Thanks for any help.
I realize this is 3 days too late of a response, but if you want Froyo roms, you can flash away, but if you want GB roms, you need to flash GB....except now there are GB roms that require you to be on Froyo first before the installation of the said GB roms. Roms like this include Cyanogen Mod 7, Liquid GB, MIUI, etc. I know that's confusing, but those are the facts lol.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
@rageX
Mega thanks and appreciation for the videos. Great for us visual hands on learners. I was rooted prior to the GB update from vzw and used the latest Apex ROM available at the time, which I remember was GB based. I would not mind returning to Apex, but based on your last post, do I need to root from Froyo and load it there or can I load it from rooted GB? Do you recommend any other ROM's that would be loaded from Rooted GB? The CM7 stuff has always been tempting. Thank you for the help and advice.

RageXmods

Jul 14, 2011
www.youtube.com
@rageX
Mega thanks and appreciation for the videos. Great for us visual hands on learners. I was rooted prior to the GB update from vzw and used the latest Apex ROM available at the time, which I remember was GB based. I would not mind returning to Apex, but based on your last post, do I need to root from Froyo and load it there or can I load it from rooted GB? Do you recommend any other ROM's that would be loaded from Rooted GB? The CM7 stuff has always been tempting. Thank you for the help and advice.
damn I need to check my settings on this account. I haven't been getting any emails about replies like this. If you are routed on gingerbread you can load Apex 2.0 Gb from there. If you are on stock gingerbread you will need to sbf back to froyo and then load the rooted gingerbread first before you load apex.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Baseknok13

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I decided to make a step by step video tutorial on how to install rooted .596 Gingerbread for the Droid X (FROM ANY STATE...FROYO, GB, ROOTED OR STOCK), because of all the confusion that surrounds the various leaks out. I've gotten rave reviews on my youtube channel and I think this could help, especially people that are new to rooting. One of my viewers told me that this needs to be on all the major forums due to the lack of clarity on the matter, so that's what I'm doing. If any mods want to view this first and sticky it, I think it would help alleviate some of the questions around the forum. If this needs to be moved, please feel free.

Rage....making my way through the rooting process. I am at the Z4 mod step and its been on the "Running Exploit in order to obtain root access" screen for quite some time now. is that normal? This is my first attempt at rooting.

RageXmods

Jul 14, 2011
www.youtube.com
Rage....making my way through the rooting process. I am at the Z4 mod step and its been on the "Running Exploit in order to obtain root access" screen for quite some time now. is that normal? This is my first attempt at rooting.
Yeah, z4root is very quirky. I've heard some people say that turning bluetooth on helps, others have said that about wifi. I've heard some people say that uninstalling z4root and then trying it again helps. Truthfully, out of the 15 times or so that I've used it, only 3 or 4 times did it only take 30 seconds or so like it's supposed to. Every other time I found myself pulling the battery and what not, trying whatever I could until it took. Whatever you do, don't panic though. These phones are very hard to "brick". The sbf process will MOST LIKELY recover it from anything you do.

Baseknok13

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, z4root is very quirky. I've heard some people say that turning bluetooth on helps, others have said that about wifi. I've heard some people say that uninstalling z4root and then trying it again helps. Truthfully, out of the 15 times or so that I've used it, only 3 or 4 times did it only take 30 seconds or so like it's supposed to. Every other time I found myself pulling the battery and what not, trying whatever I could until it took. Whatever you do, don't panic though. These phones are very hard to "brick". The sbf process will MOST LIKELY recover it from anything you do.
Thank you for responding. I ended up letting your video play a little further and heard you say battery pull, so thats what I did, restarted Z4mod and it was lightning fast then. Now what was the 596_Dedeoxed file for? Was I supposed to install that somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty