Droid X @ .621 NEEDS ROOT

nachtwolf88

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
ok im doing this for a friend atm and im not new to rooting and custom roms and such now my friend has a droid x sitting with the new update .621 and tells me she wants to be rooted maybe a custom rom however i can not seem to find anything for .621 other then dont update caz u will be stuck on it and cant downgrade at least from what i have read so in short i new .621 to be rooted at least and it dont matter if she has to go back down to 602 to do it she wont put 605 back on due to a issue with rebooting any help would be nice

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
There is no current root method for .621 yet. If you updated to .621, current previous firmware .sbf's(.602) will not work and WILL brick your phone.

If the individual in question is on stock un-rooted .621, youre going to have to leave it there until further developments are made. The latest devs on the .621 .sbf still have work to do to make it easy for less experienced users to work it.

jestersyx

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Man, I hope someone is working on this. I'd really like to be able to root 621. If I were any good at programming/hacking, I'd take a stab at it myself.

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sbf back to earlier version, root phone, then use ota root keeper.backup root, install updates, re root with ota root keeper..

Nikko was Here

Xroid

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You can not SBF back, that is the problem. If you try it will brick the phone untill you resend the .631 sbf.
Then you are right back were you started.

kandrelly

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to think that I will never be able to have a rooted Droid X again. Usually someone finds a way to root right away. What's going on? I just want a stock .621, rooted. I would rather not use a custom rom. Am I asking too much?

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
burn iso image to cd with imgburn ,
or flash drive use UNetBootin for Windows

basically read onscreen directions

Reboot PC
Hit F12 (sometimes F8 or esc) during boot to go to boot menu
Select drive image is on
wait for yellow "boot baby... boot" screen
You will see yellow dots for 3-5 minutes then the script will start

select DX
don't use numbers on right side of you keyboard, just use the ones above qwerty

turn phone on, connect to pc with usb cable

check usb debugging (settings/apps/development)
select charge only usb mode

press continue
adb will push
Code:
data/local.prop /data/preinstall_md5/magic.md5
reboot phone to bootloader (Hold volume up+down buttons and power button, or hold Vol.Down and Camera and wait for the screen to flash)
repacked sbf will be flashed (less than 50mb)
phone will, reboot twice, very important (reboot just replaces the local.prop, but the old local.prop is still in memory, till second reboot)
adb pushes su,superuser, and busybox
reboot to recovery, wipe cache (should auto reboot to recovery, at android andy press both volume buttons, if it doesn't press home button and hold it in then press your power button, hold it in also till you see a triangle on the screen w/ android andy then press both volume buttons)
then select reboot
rooted

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty