how to let someone reset phone that is somewhere else

TennesseeAle

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
I sent my old Galaxy S5 to a disabled friend - she can't get out anywhere and only has the sim card that ties to her service and an old phone and the one I sent. I forgot to factory reset it before I sent it and she can't get out to send it back. So she can't logged into her accounts - if she tries to reset it it wants a code. I can log in to my samsung account and see the phone listed. If I clicked to remove the phone would that solve the problem so she could just put the sim in the phone and then set it up like it's a new phone? Samsung tech support didn't have any solution other than taking it somewhere and it seems this should be simple!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try using Google's Find My Device to remotely wipe the phone: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en. However, after the wipe, your friend will have to log back in using your Google account information (because this would activate Factory Reset Protection). If you feel comfortable giving your friend this information, they should be able to get back into the phone, and then try to do a formal factory reset from the system settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe